Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering

Start from the beginning

I went to the kitchen to go grab some plates and something to drink and when I came back I slid a slice on the plate for him and another for myself. I sat on the couch and we ate in silence.

I looked over at Hunter to see him poking at a cut on his stomach, grimacing but continuing to poke it and grunt.

“Stop poking it you masochist.” I scolded him putting my pizza down and looking at him with worry.

“Why does it bother you?” He asked poking it again. He grimaced and then smiled he placed his plate onto the floor and continued his poking.

“Yes, now stop.” I snapped, slapping his hand away. He was shirtless and mouthwatering that I could tell you. Even with the various contusions and abrasions, he looked great; warrior like. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand successfully pulling me into his lap. My butt was sort of on the floor but my legs were drapped across his lap.

“Hunter,” I whined trying to get up. “Your bruises” Really December that was the only excuse you had?

“They’re fine. Now tell me how you found me?” He asked his face entirely too close to mine for me to think.

"Whoa? Did I just walk into a love fest or what?" Cj asked walking into the living room where we were in a weird moment.

I quickly jumped from Hunter’s lap pushing against chest to get away. He hissed and took a large intake of breathe. “Shit” he shouted, his eyes closed tightly.

"I’m so sorry," I cooed coming back close to him and trying to touch the injured area but he just held up his hand his face still tightly wound up.

"Opps, my bad. I brought the stuff; help me get him to the kitchen. Oh and December you might want to go deal with your neighbor, she gave me a weird look for coming into your house without knocking. Pretty sure she thinks you’re having a party or something with the rest of the gang being on their way. You might want to chill her out before your Uncle shows up and have this become one hell of a day for you and Hunter." Cj was wearing a Nike T-shirt that read 'Just Do It', swishy sweat pants and a pair of black Nike Air Maxes.

“I think you’ll have to do it here, he bleeds a lot when he tries to move.”

“Uh, okay? Go get me a bowl of water and a towel.” I ran to get what he needed and came back swiftly to see Hunter’s fist clenched and his teeth gritted.

“You got any alcohol? Like wine?” Cj asked his clear brown skin tightening from the smile he had on his face. They both were masochist—whether it was inflicting pain or feeling it. Weirdos.

“Uhm, my parents probably have something,” I was confused on what they needed it for but I ran to get it anyway.

I handed him the wine and he popped the cork off and handed it to Hunter who gulp it down straight from the bottle. Cj looked at me and smile wickedly. “That should take some of the pain away; if it’s strong enough it’ll numb him up a little.”

I didn’t say anything, I just watched him continue his ministrations of fixing Hunter up. When it came to the parts that needed stitched—which was many cuts; I almost couldn’t take it. Hunter was obviously a little buzzed so he was taking it better than I was and he was the one getting sewn into.

Cj was actually really good at it and I was kind of amazed, I could definitely see him as a doctor or something.

“Are you going to become a doctor or something, Cameron?” He glared at me for the use of his government name but answered me anyway.

“I don’t know. Maybe, depends on life I guess. A black male with a criminal record as a minor going into the medical field? It could work.” He laughed and must have hit a bruise accidentally because Hunter hissed.