Chapter 22

Warning: this chapter moves quickly, because it deals with serious issues and I didnt want to go into detail to a subject which genuinly scares me.

____________________________________________________________

“Fucks sake I don’t even know how to say this…” Luke says to you, you were your room together and Grant was downstairs in the kitchen. 

“Babe what the hell are you on about? Just tell me!” He looked down and you frowned placing a hand on his arm. He closed his eyes and shook his head before shaking himself out of it.

“Right… before you jump to conclusions… I'm sure there is rational explanation okay? Just…”

“Babe you're driving me crazy! Tell me!” He went silent and nodded at you before taking something out the back of his pocket. It was the article from the paper you had picked up before, he had ripped it out; he passed it to you and stood by you as though he was ready to catch you or something. 

“What the fuck” you muttered under your breath. The headline ‘GUSTIN CHEATS?’ was printed onto the paper, along with a picture of him kissing a red haired girl underneath. 

Much to Luke’s surprise you shoved him out the way and stormed into the kitchen, Grant was on his phone and smiling before he looked up at you. His smile turned to concern when you slammed the article down on the kitchen table and shook your head at him.

“Are you texting her now? Telling her how much you love her, how much you’ll be there for her…” The fire in your eyes showed beneath the glassy appearance of the tears in them.

“Wait… what? Who?!”

“Oh DON’T YOU DARE pretend you don’t know what the fuck I'm talking about Grant; I am SO sick of all this shit and lying”

Grant widened his eyes and almost looked a little vulnerable when you started walking towards him. “Woah woah wait slow down babe…”

“…DON’T GRANT. I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT. JUST GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE. NOW.” You scream at him as he looks like he might cry as well, he looks over to the kitchen table at the article you slammed down and his eyes widen even more in horror.

“Oh my god… you're talking about that? Babe it isn’t what it looks like… It…” 

“NOW” You shout again at him as he puts his head in his hand and rubs his forehead, he wipes away the tears that had fallen from his eyes, and for a moment, you just wanted to take it all back.

You should’ve sat down with him, spoken about it… you looked into his sad eyes and let him plant a final kiss on your lips before walking out of the house, leaving you dumbstruck, confused and crying; Luke and Doug ran into the kitchen after the door slammed and paced over to your side. 

You fell against the fridge, sliding down so you were sat on the floor and put your head on your knees, crying uncontrollably. “Why” you said to them through your sobs, “why does everything happen to me…” 

***

Luke and Doug had gone out to buy ice cream, you told them you really didn’t need any, but they insisted they bought you some anyway! You were on the couch with a cup of tea, wiping the last of your tears away as the door knocked. 

You groaned at having to move from your comfy spot and stood up, looking in the mirror. Could be worse… you thought as you wiped away the smeared mascara beneath your eyes. 

You opened the door, and didn’t even get a chance to look at who it was before you felt lips crash onto yours, the door slammed behind you and whoever it was… pinned you tightly up against the wall so your bodies were stuck together.