Chapter 11

The next morning, you were taking a shower and Grant was downstairs making breakfast in his boxers. Luke had stayed next door over night as he got drunk; so when the door was knocked on, Grant assumed it to be him.

He opened the door with a smile on his face and froze as an older couple stood at the door smiling.

The expressions turned from happy to a look of shock and disgust on the man; however the woman raised her eyebrows and looked away awkwardly grinning to herself, recognising you and suspecting you were hooking up.

“Who are you, and where is my daughter?” The man said, extremely un impressed. Grant blushed realising immediately they must be your parents.

“Don’t be so rude!” The woman said kindly “Hi, I’m Janette, this is Jeff! Our daughter lives… or did live here we believe?” She shook Grants hand and smiled warmly.

“Yes… shes upstairs, I think shes taking a shower. I can go and get her if you would like to come in?” Janette and her husband walked into the living room and stayed there whilst Grant ran upstairs and knocked on the door to the bathroom. “Babe?”

He calls you and you suspect Grant was going to ask to join you at first and giggled answering with

“You can come in?”

“Your parents are here” he said bluntly

“WHAT?” You screamed and wrapped a towel around yourself, jumping out the shower you stopped and the colour drained out of your face… “they saw you in your underwear didn’t they…” Grant blushes and nods throwing on some skinny jeans and a t shirt.

You put on a light flowy floral dress and give him a kiss on his lips. “We should go…” you say to him and stroke his cheekbone, “It’ll be okay babe” you say at his nervous face, he nods and you make your way downstairs. You hear their conversation as you go down; your father angry and sounding really pissed; your mother trying to calm him down.

“Who the fuck is he? Is he fucking my daughter? He can’t just open the door pretty much naked! He must be with her gay friend… what’s his name… Mike? Luke? Whatever. Either way, I'm going to kill him if he’s laid a single finger on her…”

“Oh Darling! You are funny, you’ve always said how it’s about time our daughter gets a boyfriend! Calm down! She’s an adult now! You're not going killing anyone today that’s for sure! Plus I know he’s not gay, thanks to Lilly! I'm not sure how it will go down with her! She adores him!” Your mother laughs but your father seems to ignore the funny side, puffing and shouting.

“No… that is not Grant Gustin… she WILL NOT date HIM! I have always wanted her to get a DECENT boyfriend! NOT an actor! Everyone knows he is probably just having a fling! Actors do that you know, don’t treat people proper… and turn up to their door in their bloody underwear… short term relationships, he’s probably bloody using her as well… she doesn’t even know…”

“Woah, slow down you barely know the guy! That is totally out of order Jeff. Let’s just give them a chance to talk before you go jumping to conclusions…”

You look at Grant and shoot him a ‘oh god… I'm so so sorry’ face, he looks like he might cry, you take his hand and give him another soft kiss on his lips outside the door, before walking in hand in hand, prepared for what was to come.

“Oh here come the happy couple…” Your father comments sarcastically. You were used to his out bursts of over reacting, but he had never been THIS bad…

“Oh shut up Dad” You say bluntly, you had heard enough. He raises his eyebrows at you

“And who are you to tell me to shut up? You haven’t even introduced the boy! Who is this intruder?” He quizzes you, hoping you’ll trip. Tears glaze your eyes as you stand and pull Grant closer to you, speaking through the lump in your throat.