Chapter 7

Things really dont go to plan this time...

Very important chapter. Enjoy!

You awoke to the scent of Grant, smiling automatically and squeezing his arm; you were tangled up in each other, his arm was shielding you, like a protector.

Your bare legs on his and your hands were spread over each other’s arms. You could feel his muscle beneath your bare hand and as Grant stirred, you giggled softly as he pulled you even closer, cuddling you like a teddy bear. It was a beautiful way to wake up. He groaned in tiredness and you giggled again.

“Good morning to you too” You whispered as you leant up and pecked his lips gently. Grant opened his eyes, squinting at the brightness. He instantly smiled as he looked into your eyes.

“I can honestly say I haven’t slept that well in years…” he exclaims happily.

“…Neither have I…” you say thinking aloud “it must be because you make me feel so safe…” you blush slightly and Grant squeezes your shoulder, lifting his hands and stroking your hair.

“Please can we just stay here forever this time?” He asks pleadingly, he was so sweet! He gives you his most soppy puppy eyes.

“Don’t you dare! I can’t say no to that face!!” You object and he smirks

“That was my aim…” he raises his eyebrows at you still smirking and you slap his arm. You look at the clock, it was 9:00 before turning back to him and raising one eyebrow.

“We’ll see” you say teasing him and laughing as he rolls his eyes.

As it reaches to 11am, you have your hand rested on Grants chest, “Babe we should probably get mov…” Grant groans like a small boy.

“Noo do I really need to use my puppy eyes again so soon!?” He looks down at you admiringly at you as you slide out from under his arm “And where do you think you’re going?”

He asks you grabbing your arm and pulling you back to him. “Oh fuck sorry I haven’t asked, how’s your leg?” His eyes never leave yours as he looks at you concerned.

“Urm… its okay I think! It doesn’t hurt too much!” You say, you were lying slightly, it hurt a little, but you didn’t want him worrying for you; and it wasn’t that bad anyway. You clearly didn’t do too good hiding the pain in your eyes, because Grant wasn’t convinced.

“You sure babe?” He strokes your arm with his thumb affectionately.

“Yeah yeah its fine… honestly! It just hurts a tad – probably just bruised.” You say before releasing his grip and going to stand up. A shooting pain in your leg made you cry out as you collapsed on the floor. Grant immediately jumped up and leapt off the bed, crouching by your side.

“Jesus Christ, oh god, babe are you alright?”

“Yeah yeah I'm fine” You say through gritted teach “Really I am” You try to pull a smile across your face and start to attempt to get up

“Don’t you even think about it.” Grant says before scooping you up like a baby and carrying you downstairs, he was so gentle with you; he places you down onto the couch softly and kneels by you.

Kissing your hand as he started to take a look at your let, the cut was on the front of your thigh and Grant looked at it, barely touching the skin around the cut so avoid any possibility of hurting you. “It’s not bleeding, that’s good… it looks very bruised…” He says and you place a hand on top of his head ruffling his hair. At that moment Luke walked in exclaiming sarcastically,