Chapter 25

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Just a reminder.

________________________________________________

You parked a few minutes’ walk from the high street, and you got out inhaling the crisp air around you “woah” you whisper as you take a look around at the fairy lights intertwined into the trees and surrounding buildings. “I forgot that the lights were up…” you linked arms with Grant as he nodded to you. “You sure you're okay babe?”

“Yes god’s sake I'm fine!” He replies abruptly and you immediately look away, biting your lip and holding back the tears that stung your eyes.

“Fuck… I'm sorry babe, I don’t know what’s wrong with me today… here, look at me…” You turn to Grant and he smiles sadly into your eyes.

“Don’t worry about it” You smile at him “Its okay”

“No… no its not…” He kisses your lips softly and carries on walking with you to the venue.

“Where are we going?” You ask him, letting what just happened blow over.

“Here” He gestures to a small venue, you gasp and walk forward to “La Petit Diner” A private French restaurant that you had been wanting to go to for a long time.

“Oh my god… babe what the hell!?” He chuckles at your reaction.

“Well… I know you’ve been wanting to go for ages… and I booked reservations for us tonight… kinda glad you burnt the dinner!” You laugh and kiss his lips playfully.

“Fucks sake babe, you're the best ever!” You wrap your arms round his neck and kiss his cheek before embracing him tightly; Grant winces and you pull away immediately “You in pain babe??”

“Yeah… I don’t know my arms are pretty tender at the moment, they’re just sore, sure its nothing…!” You nod and stroke his arms absent mindedly.

“I can give you a massage when we get home?” You offer and smirk at him as he smiles gratefully.

“That would be amazing! Thank you babe” He bends down and kisses you lightly before leading you proudly inside the restaurant. It was even more incredible than you had imagined it ever could be.

Roots intertwined over the domed ceiling, roses and different flowers growing throughout the walls including fairy lights hanging from the curves of the wall.

There was only one table in the middle of the dome, with the table made entirely of roots; flowers and moss encaged. The food was exquisite, being laid on slate plates, the table was extremely small and circular, you and Grant could hold hands easily over the table.

“This is crazy…” you say to him, looking around appreciatively, enjoying the natural enclosed feel of the room.

“As are you” he says grinning at you. “How are you by the way? I mean, how are you really feeling?” He squeezes your hand tightly and you feel sparks rising throughout your arm.

“Thank you babe, I'm actually fine, thanks to you! It still haven’t really sunk in you know? Like, its weird, I don’t know, but I know I'm okay, and I'm getting better, and none of it would’ve been possible without you… you're amazing, thank you, I can’t tell you how grateful I am.” You and Grant keep each other’s gaze and forget where you are for a moment, before the butler clears your plates and offers you more wine.

“No, thanks. I think we’ll be heading back soon” Grant says politely, winking at you as you try to stifle a giggle, the butler nods civilly, taking your glasses away and bringing you the bill. You snatch it from Grants hands and gasp when you see the price of £126.83.