Chapter 24

“OI GRANT? STOP INSTASTALKING MY INSTAGRANTS!” You shout downstairs and giggle as you hear Grant burst into laughter, notifications after notifications were coming up on your phone saying “@grantgust liked you're instagram”, Sophie and Matt had gone back to their house, seeing as you had fallen asleep you didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to them; but you assumed Luke and Doug had gone back as well.

You took your phone and tweeted

‘How do you stop @grantgust online stalking you? :’D’ and he replied immediately

‘Yeah soz, can’t help it, you're too beautiful not to!’ You rolled your eyes as people went crazy tweeting you about how adorable you both were.

‘@grantgust you're impossible!’

‘You're ridiculous!’ Was the reply before thousands of ‘AWW’s came up on your screen of replies.

You put your phone down and lay back onto your bed as you heard Grant jogging up the stairs. “Morning sleepy one” He winked at you and walked confidently over to you before kissing your lips easily.

“What did I do to deserve this?” You ask him as he cocoons the duvet around you and buries you into a bear hug, snuggling into your neck.

“Nothing of significance… be you… lived…” You grin as he lifts his head above yours, you feel his breath tingle your face and place a hand to his jaw bone.

“God you're annoyingly perfect!” You say to him before crashing your lips against his eagerly again feeling him smirk against your lips; you took a deep breath and pulled away, turning your head from Grant and avoiding his concerned gaze at you. He gently placed a hand on your cheek, pulling it softly and forcing your eyes to meet his, he looked deep into them, as though searching for a sign of hope.

“Babe, we’ve been through this. You don’t have to pretend…” You nod your head and smile softly into the kiss Grant laid on your lips.

“When I'm happy around you… its never acting” you say softly “it just… always hits me so hard. I might as well be stabbing myself… I just… I don’t know. If I didn’t have you…” you sigh heavily “I don’t know if I would even be here.” You say to him as he runs a hand throughout your hair.

You stayed cuddling each other for a while, in silence and happy with the presence of each other; you finally broke the silence, “Follow me?” You said and break from the snuggle you were in, you took Grants hand and lead him downstairs, out and into the car, saying goodbye to Jett behind you.

“Urm… are we going out?” Grant asked you.

“Not far…”

“Let me drive” he ordered and you shook your head and rolled your eyes, before driving with Grant next to you keeping a wary eye.

You arrived at your family’s house.

Grants eyes widened and he took your hand immediately when he saw where you had pulled up. “Are… are you sure you want to be here?” He asks concerned, you nod and lead him inside, biting your lip hard to hold back tears as the familiar scent of the house flooded your lungs. You took a deep, shaky breath before shaking your head as though shrugging off the sadness.

You take Grant into the spare room behind the dining room and let your trembling hand touch the door handle.

This was Lily’s piano room.

No one had been in there since Lily had died.

Pushing the door open slowly, you walked slowly forward and took a seat on the piano stool, Grant watched you apprehensively and you gestured for him to sit next to you; he pulled you close as you closed your eyes and took another deep breath.