Chapter 8

“Babe, Babe you awake?” You were still lying on the couch; you opened your eyes slowly to see Grants red and puffy eyes staring into yours.

“Oh my God…” You say putting a hand to Grants cheek and leaning up to kiss his eye lids gently.

“Do you remember what happened?” He asks, you nod and give him a sad smile, you felt so guilty for making him cry…

“Luke called the hospital, they said you're okay, you just need rest and drink plenty of water. You just tried to move too much too soon; you're okay babe.” He smiles at you, his eyes welling up again.

You put your arms round his neck and pull him into you, giving him a comforting warm hug. You have a lump in your throat as you say,

“I'm so sorry babe, for everything. We met and I seem to have dragged you into this huge shit pile of worry and sadness…”

“No, babe. Please, never say that. We met for a reason, and I have never felt so comfortable with someone in my entire life.

I don’t care how much shit I have to go through to make sure you're okay and happy; because at the end of the day, that’s what matters most…”

You're both crying with happiness by the time Grant has finished speaking. “God… we’re wrecks!” You blubber through the tears. At that moment your phone vibrated by you on the table, Grant must’ve gotten it earlier, you pick it up and see a message from Sophie.

‘Luke told me about your leg… WE NEED TO TALK!!!! <3’ You reply immediately with

‘Ahaha AGREED! You could come over in half an hour or so?? XX’ A minute later this was followed with

‘If you're up to it, that would be great Xx’

“Hey, Sophie wants to come over and see me in around half an hour, is that okay?” You ask Grant, stroking his arm.

“It’s your house babe!” He chuckles before turning more serious again “Just… swear to me you’ll take it easy.”

“I'm not going anywhere” You say, leaning in and feeling his soft, welcoming lips against yours. Your kiss deepens and fireworks explode on your tongue before you reluctantly pull away. “I’ll never get used to that feeling…” you whisper, smiling at Grant.

Thirty minutes later Sophie is knocking at the door, Luke let her in and Grant was still kneeling by you, running a hand through your hair. When she got in the room Grant turned to look at Sophie briefly before turning back to you.

“I’ll leave you to it…” He says softly before giving you a final gentle kiss on your lips “I'm a shout away babe”

He holds your hand until he can’t reach any more and closes the door softly behind him. You look at Sophie grinning as she frowns at you shell shocked and mouths ‘GRANT?!’

“…That was Grant Gustin” She walks over to you fast as though trying to contain herself from exploding
“… Grant fucking Gustin just kissed you” You giggled as she gave you a huge friendly hug
“… Tell me everything!”

You did tell her everything, the crying until you slept, waking up to breakfast, the embarrassing phone call, the cafe, the kiss, the beach, lying in, and his speech (probably not to Grant’s approval, you also told Sophie about you both crying into each other’s arms, which she was practically shaking with excitement at!). 

When you think you’ve caught her up fully, you finally stop with huge sigh.

“…So yeah!” You finish.

“Fuck” she said sighing “…You love him don’t you.” You blush deeply and Sophie squealed “Oh I knew it! The moment you started talking your eyes lit up! Oh my… this is going to change everything! I might as well book the wedding! And there will be cake, and flowers, and oh my god pleeease can I be a bridesmaid, we have to invite everyone! And you can have little kids and start your own little family and”

“SOPHIE!” You said and she stops in her tracks, you both giggle, hyperventilating at the prospect of marriage and having kids with Grant.

“…Sorry! You know I get over excited when it comes to love!” You roll your eyes trying to hide your foolish grin yet failing terribly.

“We’ve barely just met! I mean… it feels like I've known him for life… but that is NO excuse for kids and marriage talk!”

You say, Sophie was squeezing your hang tightly and she hugged you again. “Oh god Soph… I really do like him… he’s just gorgeous and so super talented, and the way he looks at me. Jesus. My heart beat is going just thinking about it…” Sophie squeals again and you both jump as you hear someone at the door.

“Knock knock? Can I come in??” Grant pokes his head round the corner “Sorry to make you jump!” He laughs as he sees you have both clutched your hearts in shock

“I just wanted to check up on you…” Sophie looks at you as though trying her hardest not so explode again and surpasses it with a small squeal. You laugh and smile at Grant appreciatively.

“I'm great, thanks Babe” He smiles and nods, pointing and frowning at Sophie with a massive grin on his face as Sophie looks at you silently hyperventilating in awe of you calling him “babe”.

“You okay there Sophie?” He asks chuckling whilst Sophie does her best to compose herself as quietly and quickly as possible.

“Yeah… thanks!” She manages to blurt out in between deep breaths.

Grant looks at you and mouths ‘go along with this’ as he winks at you and walks up to you, with no hesitation to bending over and giving you a passionate kiss on your lips, when you pull away he lets his head rest against yours, you both had your eyes closed, and you grin un controllably.

Knowing the game Grant was playing, teasing Sophie you put a hand through Grants hair, ruffling it and kissing him again.

“GUYS CAN YOU NOT!” Sophie burst out and you both cracked up into hysterical laughter as she protested “YOU TWO ARE ILLEGALLY CUTE!”

“Oh… maybe I need punishing?” Grant winks at you and you gasp slapping his chest.

“I see how it is…” Sophie pretends to look offended yet just looks insanely entertained “I’ll just leave…” She fake cries and you grab her hand.

“We’re only teasing!!” You say and Grant makes an adorable goofy grin.

“Yeah thank you though Sophie, it gave me an excuse to kiss her again” Grant says as you blush massively.

“Seriously… stop right now unless you want me to have a heart attack!” You all laugh at Sophie’s comment as Grant sits down and Luke comes in, you all talk for a while, sharing smiles and laughter. These You thought These are the kind of memories I want to store in a box.  Smiling softly to yourself, you look at the people you love surrounding you.

Sorry not much time passed in this chapter, and not much happened in general. This was a good filler though! Hope you enjoyed it! :)