Part 3: But None Are Safe From Me

Dear Tyler Turnpike,

I know what you know. Keep your mouth shut. Or there'll be more than one funeral this month.

-Secret Keeper

Tyler Turnpike had watched when Jason Hargrove faked his own death

He was supposed to meet the Kleizmick siblings in the woods to hang out with them. Tyler trudged through the trees, trying to find the two of them. They usually met up a little ways down from Lakeside Bridge...

Tyler paused and cursed himself for his stupidity. They usually met on the other side of the bridge.

That was his first mistake.

Groaning, Tyler turned around and headed back towards the bridge. As he neared, voices echoed through the trees. Tyler recognized them.

Vera and Jason.

What are they doing here? They never hang out in the woods.

Tyler walked a little further and found the two walking up the bridge.

They must be walking home.

Tyler shrugged it off and continued climbing the hill to go down on the other side of the bridge where Jordan and Julia should be.

And then Tyler looked down.

That was his second mistake.

Beneath the bridge were three people dressed in all black, wearing masks. Two of them looked like girls, the last one a tall boy. One of the girls and the boy set down a long narrow machine that looked something like a refrigerator shaped as a coffin. The temperature on the side of the machine read, "98.6°F". It was something straight from a sci-fi movie.

Some sort of instinct told Tyler to duck down, so that's what he did. He dropped to the ground and hid, using the inclination of the hill and a fallen tree trunk to cover him, peering up at the odd scene above him. Nothing could prepare him for what he was about to see.

They opened the machine and inside was Jason's body. Tyler clasped a hand over his mouth to stop himself from screaming. He looked up at where Jason was sitting on the bridge railing. He looked back down at the body in the machine. They looked exactly the same.

The dark blond hair the spread out down the side of his face in waves was combed exactly the same. They had the same body shape and height. Even their clothes were the exact same. He couldn't see the color of the fake Jason's eyes, but he had no doubt that they would be an emerald green.

Gloved hands lifted fake Jason's body out of the machine and onto the damp ground. As the other two closed the machine again, one of the girls moved and bent the limbs at different angles. It looked like he fell from the top.