One Year Later...

Start from the beginning

-

Oliver heard sniffles from the couple's living room, and quickly went to investigate. He found Barry sitting on the couch, crying and holding a balled up piece of orange paper.

"Hey, what happened?" Oliver quickly ran to the couch, sitting down and pulling his boyfriend into his lap. When Barry didn't answer and just leaned into Oliver's chest, Oliver pried the sticky note out of his hands and read it.

You know what? I get why nobody likes you.

At least people don't date me out of pity.

Oliver sighed, and threw the sticky note in a trash can. "Bear, you know that's not true," he whispered into Barry's ear. "I love you so much. Don't listen to Sebastian."

He played with Barry's hair until he calmed down. "I love you too," Barry sniffled, before his breathing slowed and he fell asleep, safe in the arms of his lover.

-

This went on until Oliver told Barry to always let him read it first. And while Oliver was around Sebastian, he would yell at him for making Barry cry.

The days when Sebastian wasn't around were always the best. Oliver saw a pattern in the fact that Sebastian never showed up on Tuesdays (why? He had no idea), so those were the days when Oliver would plan picnics and fancy dinners. As for the other 6 days, Sebastian would sometimes show up, and sometimes not. For 10 minutes or up to 4 hours. Other than Tuesday, it was random.

So Tuesday was when, if Barry said yes, they would have their big day. And Tuesday was also when Oliver asked.

Barry had recently gotten a letter for the next high school reunion, which he had said yes to. It was about that time of year again, and Oliver couldn't believe they had been together for only a year. It felt like it had been years.

This year's letter was much more friendly and certain. Instead of, I know you won't respond, it was, Hope you can make it this year!

Keeping in touch with his high school friends was a good thing, Barry thought. They were very nice people when you weren't mean to them. And whenever they would have to talk to Sebastian, Barry would always apologize and they would always forgive.

Now, back to that Tuesday. They planned to go to Barry's favorite place, the park, for a picnic with all of their friends.

"Oliver, are you ready to leave yet? Caitlin, Cisco, and everyone else has already gotten there!" It was usually Oliver who asked this, but he was so filled with anxiety that he had trouble putting on a sock with shaky hands.

"Sorry, Bear! Just let me put my shoes on!" Oliver cringed at the waver in his voice, hoping thar Barry was too far away to hear it. All he heard in return was a groan, so it was probably okay.

As they were about to leave, Oliver realized that he had forgotten something very important. So he ran back inside with Barry yelling at him to hurry up.

Oliver found the tiny velvet box tucked inside a pair of socks, where Barry wouldn't need to look for anything. Going back outside, he realized that Barry had left with the food. He probably got impatient and decided to speed off, leaving Oliver and the car. Oliver sighed, and got in the car.

After parking, Oliver walked to the place they all decided to meet at. It was the perfect picnic place, a patch of green grass under the shade of a large tree. The tree branches bent down and served like a wall from the outside world.

Just as Barry said, everyone else was already there. Since Oliver and Barry brought the desserts, it was alright and nobody was complaining.

Oliver looked around to see who had shown up; Cisco, Caitlin, Harry, Eddie,
Iris, Joe, and, of course, Barry. Oliver smiled and sat down on the large blanket beside Barry, wrapping an arm around his thin frame. Barry smiled, and rested his head on Oliver's shoulder. "What took you so long?" he asked.