The Captives

Barry was about to answer, but Caitlin started screaming behind her tape and fighting the ropes. The chair she was sitting on almost toppled backwards on top of Artie. The leader signaled for his men to hold her still, which they did. They left Barry, who ran to the front of the stage as fast as he could with dampened powers. Caitlin bit off her black tape and spit it on the ground.

"Don't do it, Flash! They're probably lying!" she yelled.

"Fine, we'll prove it, then," the leader said. He walked around the group, and decided to untie Rachel, who jumped up and tried to get to Santana, but the men held her back. "The closer you get to telling us your identity, the more people we'll let go before you do. We'll just start off with some questions. Where did you go to college?"

Barry sighed, thankful he didn't ask for the high school. "Right here, in Central City."

Artie was untied, and carried beside Rachel. "Okay, how many people in here know who you are?"

Caitlin looked at him, knowing it would only be her. "Two." She was surprised by this.

"I see." The leader looked around the room, trying to pick who would be untied. He spotted Blaine who was getting extremely pale and sweating profusely. "Him, over there." The men untied Blaine and brought him over to the leader. "Do you know who the Flash is?" Blaine shook his head, but everyone could tell he was lying.

The leader asked three more questions, letting go three more people. He told them to go behind Barry, just to keep his promise that they were free. Blaine was kept back because he possibly knew the identity of the Flash.

Artie Rachel, Quinn, Sam, and Tina were behind Barry now. There were still others on the stage, tied up, and there was Blaine.

"Alright, the final question, letting these people go," the leader said, gesturing to the former Glee members behind him. "Who are you?" Barry shook his head, he wasn't going to say anything. There were other ways to save them, if only his powers weren't dampened. This meta must be powerful, since it hasn't worn off yet.

Maybe Caitlin would know what to do, but she was one of the people tied up. Or maybe Barry could just stall for time, since they were all tied up and that was the only threat.

The Meta leader sighed, as if he didn't want to come to what he was about to say. "If you don't tell me, I'll shoot him, right in the head." Someone handed him a gun, and he pointed it to Blaine's temple. The Meta almost seemed bored, like he really didn't care what happened. Well, he probably didn't.

Blaine's eyes were wide, pleading for Barry to save him. Barry looked at Caitlin, who just shook her head, but Barry could tell she didn't want Blaine or anyone to die because of this.

"I'll tell you, but not in front of everyone." Barry decided. He didn't need everyone who was going to be at the reunion know who he was.

"No. Everyone will have to hear you say it, or no one else will be let go." the Meta said. Barry's face turned as red as his mask. At this point, he was too mad to care that everyone who was in this room would know his identity

"Fine! Everyone will know, then!" Barry forgot to vibrate his voice, and some of the New Directions looked at him in amazement. They had already figured it out just but his voice. "My name is Barry Allen, and I am the Flash!" The people who didn't get it now knew his identity.

The Meta smiled. "You mean that kid who's a CSI at the CCPD? You go to a lot of crime scenes. I used to work there, before I became a meta. I don't even know how it happened, but a few months ago I just suddenly got these powers, and was shunned by everyone."

All Barry could think was, Devoe. Ruining lives by the second. A few months ago, Devoe's plan failed, creating more Meta humans, and even Meta tech. (It's a season 5 thing, sorry)

"So I guess that means your friends are safe then, Mister Allen. You're lucky, you know. Those people who helped you? That was just luck. No one was around to help me." One by one, his friends were untied and let go. Caitlin was last. She whispered something in the Meta's ear, and he shook his head.

Barry could hear their conversation.   "No, I couldn't," the Meta said.

"You don't have to live like this!" Caitlin pressed. "Just come back to Star Labs with us. Forget all of this, we can help you."

"You can't help me. You know that saying, 'I didn't choose the thing life, the thug life chose me.'" the Meta sighed.

"Okay, it was just a suggestion. If you really want to live that kind of life, then live it."

"Just go away! We're not supposed to be talking. I should be killing you right now. And anyways, I'm using the Flash's identity against you, not for you."

Caitlin walked away from him, towards Barry. "I'm sorry I disappeared like that Barry. I just wanted some time to myself, but he saw me running out of Star Labs, and this happened."

Everyone else had already ran out the door, not wanting to stay any longer.

"And i shouldn't have reacted that way. It was you past. I—" Caitlin continued.

"It's alright! Let's just go to Star Labs, everyone misses you. When that Meta decides to make his attack, we'll be ready." Barry cut her off.

Since the Meta left, Barry had most of his speed back. So, he sped back to Star Labs, taking Caitlin with him.

_______________________________

Okay, so I posted a day late again. My posting schedule is now Saturday or Sunday. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Have a good day, afternoon, morning, night, luck, breakfast, dinner...

Yep, just have a good whatever time it is for you.