I Don't Want to be Alone

"Well, it's a long story."

Barry glanced at the group, who all seemed both interested and confused, Santana looked like she wanted to punch somebody. He looked back down at his knees.

He was nervous. Nobody knew much about his life, whether they thought they did or not.

"My whole life has been a mess." Barry started. "It all started when I was eleven. For those of you who don't know, when I was eleven, my mother was killed by something impossible, blamed on my dad. I-It's hard to explain.

"After that, I got bullied. To the point that I wanted to kill myself in 7th grade. In 8th grade, on the last day of school, I couldn't take it anymore. It was just a rude comment. But I knew then, even after the warning they got, I would be bullied in high school.

"So, I changed my name and moved to Ohio with my... uncle Smythe. I went to the first day of school, but then I moved to Paris for two years, unexpectedly. And when I came back, I turned into a terrible person. Like, almost blinding you," He pointed to Blaine. "and photo shopping a guy with um... you know. So that's it. And I'm sorry."

Barry looked back up at the group. Oliver looked the most confused. Santana still looked like she wanted to punch Barry. Brittany must have zoned out a long time ago, she didn't seem to care about the conversation. Kurt seemed angry at the situation. But the look in Blaine's eyes shocked Barry the most.

Pity.

Blaine looked sympathetic and pitiful. Even after all he had done, Blaine must have still cared about the tall brunette. "Wow, Sebastian-" he started.

Barry interrupted him. "Oh yeah, I changed my name to Sebastian Smythe. My real need is Bartholomew Henry Sebastian Allen, but I go by Barry."

"Wouldn't Bart sound better?" Brittany asked. Everyone looked at her. "What? You had me at Bartholomew."

"Well I still think you're Sebastian! So that's what I'm calling you." Santana said.

Barry was starting to panic now. Now Oliver knew that he was a terrible person in high school, and soon everyone would know. Oliver noticed Barry's sudden change in behavior, and started rubbing his back, which Barry was thankful for, it was soothing.

"Oh yeah, how do you know the Oliver Queen?" Kurt asked. Oliver laughed.

"It's a long story." He said.

"Well, we should be getting back to your apartment now!" Barry said. Oliver looked at Barry.

"Now? But I want to learn more about your fr-" he started.

"Well, then! I'll leave by myself!" Barry said. He stood up, but Blaine stopped him.

"Will you be at the reunion?" He asked. Barry paled. Now that they knew he was there, it was almost inevitable he would end up going.

"Um, no. I live here, and I don't want to you know... see people." He said.

Before Blaine could answer, he left the coffee shop.

"I should follow him." Oliver said, and the group nodded.

~

Once they got to Oliver's apartment, Barry sat on the couch and sighed. Oliver sat beside him. "So, do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not really." Barry said. Oliver smiled in understanding.

"I get it. Maybe another day? I heard something about a reunion."

"No! No. No reunion. I'm not going! You can't make me." Barry yelled.

"I'm not making you do anything. Why don't you sleep here tonight? I can sleep on the couch or something." Oliver asked.