Chapter 43 - Bombs and Kunais Galore

Start from the beginning

"RAWR!"

I yelp and catch the glass that had slipped through my fingers in midfall. I turn around to see Deidara with Hidan and Kisame behind him. My heart raced. Normally, childish pranks like these did nothing to me, but I was in midthought.

"I'll give you 5 seconds", I state, "5... 4... 3..."

"I'm sorry!" Deidara quickly apologizes, "We just wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out to eat with us."

I smile, "Sure! That sounds great."

"Itachi's going too", Hidan smirks, "We're going to a dumpling shop to... recreate memories."

I choke on the water I was sipping. I set the glass down on the counter and give Hidan a threatening glare. He chuckles nervously and I tackle him down. I hold him down and place a kunai dangerously close to his neck.

"Want to say that again?" I seethe.

"N-No", he stutters.

"Good", I state, standing up.

I brush myself off and fix my messed up hair.

"What is with you people these days?" I grumble, "I'll have to knock some sense into them."

---

We walk to a nearby dumpling shop, possible 1 mile away from the hideout. It was small and meant to be a rest stop for travellers. Nevertheless, it was warm and inviting.

"I can't believe Pein still made me disguise myself", I mutter, looking at my straight brown hair from the transformation jutsu.

I look in my reflection and saw an entirely different person. Hidan insisted I look 'smoking hot', but I hated it. It wasn't my body or appearance.

"Hn. You still look good", Itachi states. I avoid direct eye contact , but still nod.

We still haven't clarified our "relationship" and to be honest, I didn't really know what I want.

"Thanks", I reply, still not happy with my temporary appearance. I let the brown hair slip through my fingers.

"Stop complaining. We don't want the same thing happening again as it did in the Hidden Village of Lights", Kisame says calmly for once. I nod.

"Should we get training done while we're out in the woods?" Deidara asks, "I believe it is my turn to train our little princess."

"Sure, sure. What will we be learning about today, 'Deidara-sensei'?" I ask jokingly.

"Speed. Maybe a little bit about explosions because explosion---"

"---is art", I interrupt, "Yes, Dei. You have told us more than enough times."

"It's about time you start believing it, too", he grins, passion shining in his eye.

I shake my head, smiling. Why do I even bother with these people?

"Eat faster. I want to start training!" Deidara cheers happily.

Hopefully training with him won't be like Hidan's training.

---

I was wrong. Deidara's training is just like Hidan's training. He would throw explosions down my way and I would have to dodge them in time or else I'm dead, but everytime I would barely make it out alive. There was no time to fight back.

"Your problem is that you're not one with speed", Deidara explains in the air. Unlike Hidan, he was cryptic when it came to explaining techniques or concepts.