𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Start from the beginning

   "For Christmas?" Brooklyn asked in disbelief.

   "Yes, for Christmas, Brooklyn. I also want you to know, and spread the word, that I will have my digital camera, and I'll be taking pictures all along the way. And the best and craziest thing that happens will be on the cover of the newsletter," he told them, "incentive." He whispered to the camera.

"You do realize that we can't serve liquor at the party." Pam told more than asked him.

"Yeah, I know. Dammit." Michael sighed. "Stupid corporate wet blankets. Like booze ever killed anybody." The others in the room decided not to comment.

• • •

"So, did you have any trouble getting your gift for your Secret Santa?" Brooklyn asked Jim, referring to the wrapped box that sat on his desk.

"Well Mrs.Claus, if you must know, I think Santa got everything that was on this person's list this year." He answered with that lopsided smile of his.

"Who'd you get?"

"That, is a secret for later." He would've commented on the pout on her face if no one was around.

"Ok everyone, listen up!" Dwight called. It is time to get your presents, wrap them, and place them under the tree.... like so." He demonstrated. "If you do not get your present wrapped and under the tree within the next five minutes... you will be disqualified from Secret Santa. No exceptions, except Michael."

"I got Angela." Toby told the camera. "She's onto these posters of babies dressed as adults. I got her one of those...I felt kinda weird buying that."

"I got Brooklyn for Secret Santa, I got her a flask with a hot chick and her name on it, cause that girl knows how to party." Meredith explained.

"I also got some extra gifts for people, but not for everybody, so don't tell anyone." Brooklyn warned, the camera made a nodding motion. "Good." She smiled with a thumbs up.

"Gather 'round. Secret Santa, let's go." Dwight clapped. Everyone sat in the chairs placed around the tree while Dwight tried to bicker with Stanley about who got to plug it up.

"Alright, let's count it down like Rockefeller Center." Michael announced. Brooklyn hit the lights while the rest counted down from three to reveal an underwhelming light show.

"Sorry, everybody." Phyllis meekly spoke.

"I think the tree looks nice." Pam said, trying and failing to make her feel better. Dwight then offered to retrieve flares from his car, to which Michael protested. Thus, Secret Santa began.

"First present, Oscar." Dwight announced, said man neatly unwrapped the present.

"A shower radio, neat." He smiled.

"Oh great, that was from me." Kelly told him.

"Thanks Kelly, y'know, I was gonna get one-"

"Ok, ok. That's enough, let's keep it moving. Jim." Dwight picked up a grocery store bag and tossed it at him. Jim unenthusiastically opened the bag and pulled out a clearly worn brown flannel.

"That's from me." Creed proudly stated.

"Great, where'd you get it?" Jim asked.

"I don't know, it was so long ago."

"This next one is... me." Dwight read. Brooklyn watched his eyes light up as he pulled his present out of the bag.

"Whoa, that looks expensive, who got you that?" Ryan asked.