Chapter 13

Raj got back home from his interview with the local hospital. He needed to find a job for himself before the holidays ended. The interview had gone well and they were impressed by his record. He wished that they would select him.

He got to the front door and his phone started ringing. Anna.

"Hellooo Raj" She sounded cheerful which immediately lifted his spirits.

"How are you?"

"I'm great! I wanted to ask when we'll have the lessons!"

"I looked into some studios where we could practise and I found someone in town who was willing to give me their studio on Saturday and Monday afternoon – how does that sound?"

She screamed and he had to pull the phone away from his ear to lessen the impact. He was thinking of calling her that night to tell her the good news, he was happy she called him so soon.

"So from tomorrow?" She asked after she had gotten it out of her system.

"No, from Monday – tomorrow the studio is booked. I booked it for four weeks" This was making him excited all of a sudden and he forced his emotions down.

"Ah, I'm so excited – you have a real challenge on your hands Mr."

"I'm forced to accept the challenge" he replied back laughing.

"So Raj how was your interview?" She suddenly became serious.

"I think I got in" She screamed again. That girl is going to make me deaf!

"Congratulations!!!" she said through laughter. "I'm SOOOO happy for yo"

"I THINK Anna, THINK – they said they will let me know next week sometime" He said unable to wipe of the smile on his face.

"Regardless, I know you got in Raj – you're the smartest guy I know" She said like a little child.

"We'll wait and see, won't we? So what are you planning on doing?"

"Papa wants me to join up with his business. He said I can take control of his accounts"

"Wow, boring" He laughed hard.

"I'll get you back for that one!" She said feinting anger.

"I'm Joking Anna banana" He laughed cheekily.

"OMG no ones called me that for years!" She said unable to believe he remembered it.

"So, when are you starting work?"

"I was thinking in two weeks when the Christmas holidays end – there's still time"

"How awesome, I'll visit you at work on breaks – the hospital is a few blocks away from your office complex"

"That's great!! I hope you do" She really did.

He realised he was still standing at the front door. He smiled at his forgetfulness and moved to open the door. Raj only had his mother and he was glad to be back with her. She was busy cooking in the kitchen and he walked over and kissed her on the cheek. He then proceeded up to his room.

"Are you there?" Anna asked after Raj hadn't answered.

"What? Oh sorry Anna I just came into the house"

"If you're busy we can hang up now" she sounded down.

"I'm never busy for you – you know that!"

"I know" She replied warmly. Suddenly her mum came into her room and asked her to come to dinner.

"Anna dear, you're always locked away in here! Come eat and spend time with us!" She scolded

"Sorry Maa, I'll be right there"

"I heard that" Raj replied giggling. "Such a bad daughter – Go spend time with your parents!"

"HA HA very funny! – I'm going!" She said feeling angry.

"Hey hey!! Anna! C'mon I was joking ! Don't be angry okay? We have to dance on Monday!"

At hearing this her heart filled with glee.

"I'm so excited! I'll see you then! – text me the address of the place ok?"

'Sure, bye then"

"Bye" I think I love you.....she thought to herself but forced it down. He didn't want her so it wasn't possible.

Raj went to the bathroom to take a shower and couldn't stop thinking about Anna. All he wanted to do was to hold her and tell her how he felt. He brushed his fingers through his hair in frustration.