ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

She remembers everything, every moment. The witches holding her down, killing her. Taking her baby. Klaus shouting, being utterly helpless.

Standing up off the table now, Lunar takes a moment to breathe, before she marches down the aisle out into the French Quarter. She will find those witches and destroy them.

- Lafayette Cemetery -

The witches are in a tomb, hidden with magic, preparing for the ritual. They all wear white dresses and are surrounded by lit candles that cast an eerie glow in the shadows.

Genevieve looks through a skylight in the tomb. "The moon has almost faded from the morning sky." She tells them, grabbing the ceremonial athame. "I need to prepare."

Abigail and Monique silently watch her leave, before beginning to talk privately amongst themselves.

"She'll go through with it. The ancestors promised her her life." Abigail tells her friend.

"What about their promise to us? Four Harvest girls sacrificed, four girls returned. But, her friends hijacked it, and our friends have to stay dead? Cassie was our friend. I hope she doesn't go through with it. Then, you and I can do what the ancestors want, and they'll give us Cassie! And, drag Genevieve back to where she came from." Monique says determined as she picks up the baby in a basket, Abigail nods in agreement, and the two go to join Genevieve.

They walk down the rows of tombs, to the steps of the tomb that serves as their altar. Lit torches line the aisle, flames rising into the morning sky. Genevieve lays the athame down, whilst Monique and Abigail follow her with the baby.

The three of them take their places, the two girls on either side of Genevieve, inside a magic circle of salt.

"It's time." The red headed witch declares.

She reaches forwards now, lifting the baby from the basket, holding her in the air. Monique and Abigail raise their hands now, too, beginning the spell.

"Nouvel vie, nouvel ame, me lange avec nous." They chant in unison.

Meanwhile, Klaus and Elijah are continuing to break their way through the witches illusion gradually by smashing the tombs. They reach a crypt filled with candles, and Elijah sighs in frustration.

"We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time." He punches a wall with frustration.

"Then we move faster." Klaus replies, marking the wall with a third tally marker.

"Or smarter." Lunar says, entering the crypt. The two brothers turn to look at her, their faces filled with shock. Lunar feels dazed and exhausted, and so full of anger.

"Lunar." Klaus breathes out, an overwhelming sense of relief washes over him as he takes in the sight of her. She is not dead, she is alive. He speeds the short distance over to her, a hand touching the side of her face. He's almost afraid that she's a figment of his imagination, but she's warm, alive, breathing.

"How are you here?" Elijah asks from behind his brother, equally as amazed to see Lunar here.

"I woke up in the church. I felt this hunger.. I knew what I needed. I can feel her. She's here. I can feel my baby." Lunar replies, emotionless.

Elijah frowns confused. It is Klaus who realises what has happened. He brushes a strand of Lunar's hair out of her eyes, a little concerned about how distance her gaze is.

"You died with the baby's blood still in your system." He tells her, before looking at Elijah. "She's in transition."

Elijah is horrified. "Which means she has to drink the blood of the child if she is to survive." He says, as though Lunar isn't standing right there.