Chapter 75: Trying out Powers

Start from the beginning

"I-I think so, just tired" she whispered, opening her eyes slightly, smiling weakly "Nice catch"

I chuckled as I pulled her to my chest.

"Gaia!" I exclaimed, turning to her.

She stopped what she was doing with Clay and noticed Ava in my arms.

Her and Clay immediately ran over to us, worried.

"What happened?" she asked.

"She tried to show me something and then she almost fainted" I explained "I believe she pushed herself too much to impress me"

Gaia sighed.

"Sweetheart" Gaia said.

Gaia turned to me.

"Can you heal her?" she asked.

I nodded slowly.

"I haven't used my powers in a while" I said "Well, used it a lot"

"Just heal her" Clay said bitterly.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to hold my annoyance.

"I can heal her but won't using your powers help her more?" I asked, opening my eyes and looking at him "Mine is of the night...your powers are the same as hers. I don't 'heal', I energise. I'm not sure what your powers are like but it would be better to heal her with something familiar to her"

Clay narrowed his eyes.

"Isn't your powers familiar to her?" Clay snapped, shocking me.

"Clay..." I heard Ava mutter.

"No" I said sternly "I have only used my powers in front of her once, I don't like using my powers"

"Why don't you-"

"Clay, can we discuss this later?" I asked, looking down at Ava, who was conscious and smiling at me "Your sister isn't well, us bickering won't help"

"No, it doesn't" Ava commented, her voice stronger "Clay, you or mother's powers are the best fit. Percy is right, his power will work, but it won't work as well as someone who shares the same power"

He mumbled a bit but walked over and hovered his hand over Ava, who moved slightly in my grip.

A green glow covered her and in almost an instant Ava literally jumped up, banging her head into my chin.

I jumped back, surprised as she gasped.

"Percy! I am so sorry" Ava said, looking at me.

"I'm fine" I said, chuckling as I rubbed my chin "Are you okay?"

"I feel so energetic!" she exclaimed "I've never felt so alive!"

I laughed, hugging her.

"That's good, you had me worried for a second" I said, kissing her on the forehead.

"Don't push yourself to impress your husband-to-be next time" Gaia said, making Ava and I jump apart and blush.

"Sorry mother" Ava said, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly.

For some reason, my mind took that moment to flash to Order and Chaos and...Void.

And all the primordials that helped me.

"What happened to them?" I asked, making everyone look at me confused.

I turned to Gaia.

"The allies and...Order" I said, hesitating on Order.

Gaia sighed, smiling faintly.