Chapter 16: battle plans with surprise visit

~Next day~

Annabeth's POV

"We need to make battle plans now! Lu-Percy could attack at any moment" Luna said.
"Percy isnt like this" Piper said "He does it for a reason"
"He's with my mother and my mother is a heartless bitch" Luna said "We can't save him now; remember he was 'cursed' by her"
"So she might be controlling him?" Jake asked confused.
"That is exactly what is happening" Luna said.
"I know my brother Luna and he isn't controlled" Kristy said, her eyes glowing with anger.
I forgot for a second she is the daughter of Poseidon.
"He's only using you" Luna said.
"Can we not argue and get to battle plans?" I asked "I do not want to deal with this"
"We need to talk about the-"
"We need to plan, last time I checked you're not a daughter of Athena or the camp leader so shut up daughter of Nyx" I snapped "I am not in the mood today to hear how Percy won't be able to cope without you"
She growled.
"Annabeth is right Luna, we need to think battle plans than thinking about Perseus" Chiron said.
I nodded.

"So-"

~3 hours later~

"...has everyone got that?" I asked.
They nodded.
I rolled up the pieces of paper.
"Okay, we'll meet up again soon, but for now train" I said.
Everyone left the room.
Suddenly, before Chiron and I could leave the room, an Iris message appeared.
We both turned around to see Percy.
A colder looking Percy....well Luke.
He was in full dark black battle gear, his glasses not in sight.
He was smirking, his eyes now dark purple.
"Hey Wise Girl, what's up?' He asked.
"You don't call me that anymore,what do you want?" I asked.
He put his hand over his heart.
"Ouch" he said "That hurt"
"Percy, what is the message you need to give to us?" Chiron asked.
Percy smirk grew wider.
"See, Chiron gets it" he said "I'm here to give a message about the war"
"Go on" I said.
"The war can be easily stopped, really. All you have to do is give me Luna and we're all good" he said.
"Never" I snarled.
He looked surprised.
"You two used to hate each other and now you're friends, really?" He asked.
"May I ask why?" Chiron asked.
"Well she's hiding something and is endangering everyone, including the people at camp" Percy said "And I need it"
"So you need the object-"
"I need the object and Luna and then we're all good" Percy said.
His eyes flickered from purple to green for a second before going back.
His smirk turned into a smile.
"You really think I would fight my old home willingly? My flaw is still the same" Percy said, but with his cold voice "Now, I don't think either of us want blood to be spilt but if you give me Luna, I will be back, normal, like nothing happened"
Chiron narrowed his eyes.
"Unfortunately I do not believe you will keep Luna alive for long" Chiron said.
Percy sighed dramatically.
"You saw right through me Chiron, my old mentor" Percy joked "I need to kill Luna"
I gasped.
"She was your girlfriend!" I exclaimed "Why would you do that?"
His eyes slightly went off screen.
He's hesitated.
"I only used her" Percy said sourly "I've been with Nyx ever since the band started, Nyx told me to keep an eye on her daughter, so I did. I didn't mean for Luna's feelings to get out of control"
"You played her?" I asked, shocked.
"Sound familiar?" Percy asked, smirking.
I flinched.
"Oh yeah, I got a nerve there" Percy said "Now you know how I would have felt"
And the message ended.

I looked at Chiron.
"We need to protect her" I whispered "Percy always keeps his word..."
"We will start to have guards 24 hours a day starting now, we won't know when they will strike" Chiron said "I fear the war has already started"
"Should we tell the gods?" I asked.
Chrion shakes his head.
"Even though Percy is on Nyx's side, there is a reason. He isn't as stupid as everyone thinks he is" Chiron said "The gods will kill him without explanation"