Prompt 11

"I want you. Only you."

Neji brought his girlfriend's hand to his mouth and kissed it softly, his eyes so full of tenderness that Tenten thought she might cry again.

"I will never not want you, Tenten." His voice was confident and his eyes never wavered from hers as he spoke. "I want you, only you, and that will never change. You are perfect for me."

Tears fell silently down Tenten's cheeks at his words. He had never been one to express his feelings with words. He had told her he loved her, of course, but even that was only on rare occasions.

Neji reached across the table, wiping away the tears from her face. Even crying, she was beautiful. He felt horrible for causing her to have such painful feelings, and he wanted to make it right. He never wanted her to feel unwanted again. Neji touched his jacket pocket briefly, feeling the ring that was enclosed within.

Not tonight though. Neji had been carrying the engagement ring on his person for months now, waiting for the right moment to propose. But not tonight. The last thing he wanted was for Tenten to think he was proposing out of pity - as if it was some sort of apology for being absent for the past few weeks.

No, Neji needed to do this right. Tenten deserved the perfect proposal, and he would make sure she got it.

With his brain formulating a plan, Neji reached over once more, taking Tenten's hand in his and giving it a loving squeeze. He couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with her.

~~~

Prompt 10 & 11 are joined, so if you haven't read 10 this may not make sense. XD
Thanks for reading! And leave a review if you like them. I love hearing your thoughts.