Prompt 2

"Please don't leave me"

It had been four weeks. Four dreadful, exhausting, painful weeks for the prodigy of the Hyuga clan. Neji barely left Tenten's side and he refused to go on any missions. Not until his Tenten woke up. Not until he could hear her voice again, feel the touch of her hand on his cheek. Not until he knew she was okay.

Four weeks ago, Tenten was injured by an enemy ninja while they were on a mission. Neji hadn't been quick enough to intercept and he could only look on in horror as the enemy held his Weapons Mistress by the throat with one hand and plunged the hilt of his sword through her stomach with the other.

The enemy ninja didn't stand a chance after that. Neji went wild and the next thing he knew, he was covered in blood; the enemy dead at his feet.

They ran as fast as they could back to the village with Tenten's practically lifeless form cradled against Neji's chest as he carried her. Sakura had done all she could for her friend, but still Team Guy was told to prepare for the worst. Tenten had lost a lot of blood—too much blood—and there was a high chance that she wasn't going to make it.

Four weeks later and Tenten was still holding on. Neji spoke encouraging words to her every day, telling her that he believed in her, that he knew she would get through this. She had to get through this. Their wedding was just around the corner and he refused to live life without her.

"Please, Tenten. Wake up." Neji lost count of the number of times he had begged her to open her eyes. He had never been more desperate in his life, nor had he shed as many tears before.

He picked up her hand and rested his head against it, tears once again pricking at his eyes.

"I will do anything you wish me to do. I will do that ridiculous dance you wanted us to perform at our wedding. I will make sure we get that apartment you like, even if I have to pay it off for the rest of my life. Please Tenten, just wake up."

Neji kissed the back of her hand before bringing it to cradle the side of his face, letting his tears fall.

"Please, Tenten. I'll give you everything you want and more. Just please, please don't leave me."

~~~

I thought it might be nice to let Neji grieve for once, instead of making Tenten do it all the time.

Rates and reviews are loved (and welcomed)