Prompt 8

"I missed you so much"

Time seemed to crawl by. How long had it been now since they had left? For Tenten, it seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Where are they?" She muttered to herself from her place on the couch where she was nibbling on a fingernail anxiously. Her other hand moved subconsciously to rub her protruding belly.

Tenten decided to occupy her mind by finding something productive to do. Maybe I can clean my weapons? She thought before a sigh escaped her lips. She had done that already today...

Where on earth were they? They should have been home by now! "If they're not home in the next ten minutes, I'll-"

"We're home!" Her young daughter called as she and her father walked through the front door.

Tenten ran to her family and swept them up in a big hug, overcome with joy. "I missed you so much!" She heard Neji grunt from the impact of her hug at the same time Keiko groaned.

"Mum," her daughter whined. "Let go! We were only gone an hour."

"I know, but it was still too long. I should've gone with you."

Neji sent her a pointed look from over their daughter's head. "You're supposed to be on bed rest. The baby is due any day now."

Keiko wriggled out from between her parents, carrying a plastic bag with both hands as her little feet padded towards the kitchen. "Dad promised to help me make your favourite dinner tonight, Mama. Go rest." She told her mother, making a shooing motion with her hands. Neji took his wife's hand and led her back to the couch, helping her ease back into it.

"I'm fine guys, really!" But Neji had already started walking towards the kitchen and her words were left unanswered.

Tenten took in the scene of father and daughter as they started preparing dinner, a smile blossoming on her face. She felt a kick and placed her hand back on her stomach, tears springing to her eyes as she looked down and pictured the baby within. She had never known that this sort of happiness existed, but here she was. She had an incredible, loving husband, the most perfect daughter she could ever wish for, and soon, she would have a precious son joining the family.

She couldn't ask for more.

~~~

More fluff! The kids, Keiko and Ryuu are courtesy of Papabay from Tumblr. If you don't know her work, check it out. She's an incredible artist!
R&R's are loved and appreciated. =)