Analogical

Soooooo, I'm not dead. Sorry it's been so long. I was expecting to be able to write once the new semester started, but then school had other plans and decided to kick me in the butt, to the point where one day I literally couldn't even get out of bed I was so overwhelmed. But I'm doing better now! And I wrote this I help me study for my English test on Thursday so it might be kinda boring but I hope you like it!

TW: Anxiety, some self deprecation (in a way). I don't think there's anything else but if I missed something please tell me!

Virgil sat curled up on the couch in the living room of the Mind Palace. He flipped his hood up and tugged at the strings, making the hood tighten around his face.

"Virgil, are you okay?" Logan asked.

Virgil shook his head. This was why he didn't want to be out in a public area, but his room was just making him more anxious.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Logan asked. Virgil just shrugged sinking further into his hoodie.

"What is troubling you? Would you like to talk about it? I could attempt to help you reason your way through it."

"T'stupid," Virgil mumbled.

"If It's making you react like this, it's not stupid." Logan said, sitting on the other side of the couch leaving enough room for Virgil not to feel crowded.

Virgil groaned. "I have a crush."

"Why is this a bad thing?"

"Because there's no way he would ever like me back! I I am literally anxiety! I would be a terrible boyfriend! Besides, no one would want to date me! I mean, just look at me! I am literally, as Roman puts it, 'An Emo Nightmare'!" Virgil exclaimed, gesturing at himself.

"Ah, these are examples of Logical Fallacies. They are where a person tries to make logical and reasonable arguments on illogical or insufficient proof. For example, you said that you would be a bad boyfriend because you are the embodiment of anxiety. That is called a Non-Sequitur. It's a tactic where an inference is made that does not follow from its premise. Yes you are anxiety, but that does not automatically mean you would be a 'bad boyfriend' as you put it. In addition you said that no one would date you because you are an 'Emo Nightmare'. That is an Ad Hominem, which is an instance where someone uses a personal attack to devalue the claim without regard for the evidence provided. The fact that you have an 'emo' appearance does not directly correlate to whether or not someone would date you. Besides, for all you know, your crush may like your more 'emo' style."

"Ok, but what if I ask him out and he rejects me and it makes everything awkward between everyone and then everyone hates me because I ruined the group's friendship?! Or what if he doesn't reject me, and we date for a little bit, but then it doesn't work out so we break up, and then everything is awkward and everyone hates me and then they send me back to live with the Dark sides again?!"

"That is the Logical Fallacy slippery slope. This "reasoning" often leads to disastrous results that logically wouldn't happen in most any situation." Logan says, adjusting his glasses.

"But what if it does happen?"

"Well, the only way to know for certain, would be to tell your crush about your feelings and see what happens from there."

"I guess," Virgil mumbles slouching into the couch.

"Has this helped at all?" Logan asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm glad to hear it." Logan said as he stood up, straightened his tie, and made to leave the room.

"WAIT!" Virgil yelped, his double voice coming through. "Hypothetically, how would you react if you were my crush?"

"Well I would be pleased because I feel the same. Hypothetically, of course." Logan said turning to face Virgil again.

Virgil stood up and walked closer to Logan. "And, if I did this?" He continued, learning forward until his lips were a breath away from Logan's.

"Then I would do this," Logan said before closing the rest of the gap and gently pressing his lips to Virgil's. Virgil's eyes fluttered closed as he pulled Logan closer to him, deepening the kiss. Eventually they had to break apart just enough to breathe, resting their foreheads against each other.

"Thank you for helping me, Logan."

"Anytime."

So yeah, that ending is literal trash, but it's fine.

Sorry again for how long it's been. I should be able to upload another oneshot soon, because I have one half way done, but no promises.

Peace Out!