31 - How wonderful life is while you're in the world

A / N: I know Freddie loved parties, and he had a 31-year huge party at Stafford Terrace in 1977, but here it is, in Montreux with our beautiful troupe.

JULIA

September 5, 1977 - Hotel Fairmont Le Montreux Palace, Freddie's 31st birthday.

"GOOD MORNING BIRTHDAY BOY!" I threw myself at Freddie who was still asleep and groaned.

"Morning little scottish kitten." His arms closed around my waist as I filled his face with kisses. "My God! How much love!" He laughed as I continued to kiss him.

"Do you want congratulations in Gaelic or English? Or French?" I said laughing while he kissed my neck.

"I want you!" He said hugging me to his chest and kissing my hair. "Ever." He kissed me again.

"Happy birthday mo ghràid." I said, taking his bangs out of his brown eyes. "May this new year be the best year of our lives."

"It already is, since you stopped being a twat." He spoke with a naughty smile.

"Did I stop being a twat? You were mad!" I exclaimed indignantly making him laugh.

"Mad?" He made the best possible disappointment face and I rolled my eyes.

"You understand me, Mr Pluto!" I said laughing.

I could spend the day like that, I wouldn't mind. We were happy and that was undeniable. Before he could answer me, my stomach protested from hunger by making an unnecessarily loud noise.

Freddie looked into my eyes and smiled while holding his laugh, I must have been extremely red.

"Well, I think I need to feed someone, let's have coffee." He sat with me on the bed and my stomach protested again causing him to burst out laughing.

***

"No delays on the birthday morning? We no longer have Freddies and Julias as we used to " Brian commented amusedly at our huge eight-seat table in the hotel's restaurant.

"I need to say that I slept really well last night" Roger spoke raising his hands as if he were thanking.

"He slept because he drank more than he should." Dom spoke as I sat at the table next to Ronnie.

"It looks like they no longer make Rogahs like they used to, don't they?" I winked at Roger who rolled his eyes.

"Children!" John spoke in an amused tone while smiling.

Papa Deacon is in a good mood! I think he and Ronnie have been having fun -

"When do you start congratulating me on my birthday?" Freddie spoke indignantly.

Thirty one years.

And at times he seemed to be sixteen.

Nor did John escape the immaturity slips, of course he in smaller doses just like Brian, but Roger and Freddie seemed to have a competition between them.

"Happy Birthday Uncle Fred!" Ronnie spoke beside me and Freddie took her hand and placed a kiss.

So gentleman too!

How so many faces could live in one man? I had no idea. But as I have said many times, Freddie had more than one facet, and they all enchanted me, all were arguably incredible.

"Thank you very much Ronnie, well now that I know that at least for someone in this group I am important-"

I rolled my eyes.