29 - A Secret for Elton

I just got back from my college graduation!  I'm so happy!  Hope you like it!  have fun!

JULIA

London, 15 August 1977.

I have never imagined several situations in my life, and half of them are related to the moment I am living.

I'm pregnant and there's a maniac threatening me, and I'm at Elton John's house, and he's one of my best friends.

"You've been worrying me since you arrived, Julia!" Elton spoke scratching his head after my refusal of a glass of gin and tonic. "You don't refuse gin!" He spoke in an almost desperate tone which made me laugh.

"Elton ... you are amazing." I started and he frowned.

"So far no news dear Julia, what do you want to tell me?" He smiled taking my hand on the table and wiggling with his thumb.

I smiled weakly at him.

"I need you to keep a secret." I spoke looking at him who took off his sunglasses and looked at me with concern.

"You're scaring me, is it something with Freddie?" He asked after taking a long drink of his drink.

"Well the first part yes, I'm pregnant." I said smiling at Elton who widened his eyes and opened his mouth unable to speak pulling me into a hug.

"Congratulations Juls! My God this is amazing!" He said making me get emotional - I was getting emotional about anything and everything, so don't judge me.

"Thank you, Elton! But now comes the other part, and well, this is really a secret even John knows, can I trust you?" I asked holding both hands of Elton on the table, he seemed to deliberate for a moment but I knew he would not let me down.

So I started telling the whole story with Cameron, how I arrived in London, the three times he met me and of course about the last threat.

"Aren't you going to tell Freddie that?" He had a look of amazement on his face.

I sighed deeply and leaned back in my chair.

"You know how he is. I'll tell John. But Elton ... I need you to give me your word, if this man goes after me again, I need to disappear." I spoke feeling a lump forming in my throat. "Freddie can't know anything. He has his career, he doesn't have to worry about it, it's going to be better for him and the baby." My eyes were already full of tears.

"What do you mean by that?" Elton asked in a low voice watching me with concern and despair.

"That I will disappear from their lives." I said closing my eyes and letting the tears run down my face.

FREDDIE

"John?"

"Mhmm?"

"When did you start feeling a dad?" I asked.

We were sitting on the sofa in the studio lounge, the sensations, doubts and fears were constantly emerging sharing space with great joy.

I was going to be a father.

I dreamed of having a family, and with Julia everything seemed ideal ... I loved her so much, sometimes I watched her sleep at night while she dreamed, she was an amazing woman, everything about her stared at me, the way she laughed , the ill-created answers that came out smoothly, the contagious laughter.