3 - The Nap of the Cats

POV FREDDIE

Mercury does not seem like an easy name to forget. At least five minutes ago. I was demoted to the least of the planets in the solar system, Pluto. And yet that blond creature looked so sweet.

Mr. Pluto

It sounds so stupid but in her voice it sounded so ... what am I talking about?

I took a deep breath and sat on the wooden bench in the back of the garden of Wessex, my breathing calmed down and I closed my eyes seeking my inner peace, people forget the name of others all the time, but not my name.

How could I be so irrational? I asked Reid there so long that he arrange in one assistant and ... he could but in less than five minutes of coexistence it seriously took me. Okay green eyes, freckles and beautiful hair Julia made her a real angel, she seemed scared and truly abated and I was a real jerk. Maybe I should go back there and apologize to her.

I got up from the bench and returned to the building heading for John Reid's office, I needed to know where he found that beautiful pair of green eyes. I walk into the room where John was reading some papers and he immediately looks at me with a crooked smile.

"Okay, I'll be straight." I spoke as I sat in the chair in front of his desk."Come on, I'm listening." He set the pen down on the stack of papers.

"Where did you find this assistant?" I asked curiously. "She seems to be very young ... scared." I spoke while gesturing and leaning back in my chair.

John raised one eyebrow and rolled his eyes at me."W-what's wrong with my question?" I asked, staring at him.

John took a deep breath and seemed to swallow something as he adjusted his posture on the leather chair.

"Julia needs the job and I think she'll do well." He spoke calmly with his hands entwined and elbows on the table. "Please, just give her the chance." He spoke and I just nodded silently."But why her?" my voice dropped as I remembered Julia's frightened look when she called me mr. Pluto.

"I owe this to a friend, and she needs the job."She needs the job, I just nodded silently and got up leaving the room.She can have the job as long as she's good enough. It certainly must be. I went back to my studio and when I walked in, Julia had her back to me, her white flowing dress seemed too formal for the job, but it suits her. She swayed her hips gently with the pace of Spread Your Wings when I passed her and went directly into the microphone. I could be nicer, right?

Then Brian, Roger, and Deacy stopped the song. I held a smile on my lips at the sight of Julia's frightened expression as I lifted my chin to analyze she better. She was beautiful, certainly the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen in my life. She seemed to be burning in embarrassment as I began to speak to her after a sigh in an attempt to look less frightening.

"S-so Julia." I started talking walking from one side to the other feeling the four pairs of eyes follow me."Aye?" She speaks with the voice now making clear an accent that had not yet realized. She's Scottish.

Scottish kitten.

"Uh-huh Scottish girl." I said letting a laugh of satisfaction escape.The green eyes at the moment seemed fragile, but something told me that she was much more than the fragility of the green eyes.

"Tell me what your favorite Queen song is?" I stopped in front of her smiling carefully so my teeth would not be seen by the little Scottish kitten who now had her eyes wide as if she'd been caught by surprise.