9 - Stockholm

A/N:

I just wanted to say that I love this chapter! 🤩

I hope you like it, good reading ❤️

JULIA POV

Heathrow Airport, May 6, 1977.

Being on tour is tiring.

Being on tour with Queen is even more so. The first show of the second part of the tour A day at the Races was still two days away and I was already exhausted! I had to fetch each of Freddie's costumes personally, secure a good stock of drumsticks for Roger, a few other more bureaucratic things, but nothing as curious as the warning in capital letters that was on my purse a week before the tour.

"BUY A SCRABBLE TRAY, FREDDIE DISAPPEARED WITH THE PARTS OF MY GAME, BRI."

There were still all the daily requests from Freddie, imagine me arranging all their mess, buying lunch, drumsticks, looking for costumes, and still having to go to Stafford Terrace to feed the cats ... ok I like to eat.

"Hey Jully!" Brian called me while I gave my suitcase to one particular flight staff that Jim Beach, the lawyer of the band had hired.

"Hi Bri, how are you?" I turn to talk to him who had a huge smile on his face.

"Yes I'm fine! Did you get the scrabble board?" Brian was looking like Roger.

Chrissie rolled her eyes as she came up behind him, which made me laugh.

"Yes a scrabble board and how did you say Freddie went missing with the other's pieces I bought extra pieces." I blinked at him and nodded briefly to Chrissie leaving them alone at the farewell moment.

It was funny, I was already away from my family almost a month ago. I missed my grandfather and my godmother and seeing everyone there saying goodbye to their families ... it was strange, it made me feel alone in the world.

John was with Robert in one arm and hugged Veronica with the other, Chrissie and Brian were in his bubble, Roger I had no idea where he was and Freddie was alone sitting on a bench wearing aviators glasses as if he was not paying attention. I hugged my arms and looked around as if checking to see if anyone was watching me. I sighed deeply when I realized that no one was paying attention and went to Freddie and sat next to him.

"I've never been to Sweden." I say looking forward and I feel Freddie turn to me.

"Well, everything has its first time." He spoke and I turned to look at him.

He was still wearing glasses, his hair was slightly longer, he had a serious expression but he did not look grumpy.

"Is not your family coming to say goodbye?" I asked curiously in a low voice.

He smiled, not the one I liked, but the one hiding his teeth.

"I went to my parents' house to say goodbye." He says taking off his glasses and staring at me with his black orbs.

"Oh yeah ... well I do not have anyone to say goodbye to." I said regretting at once.

I hated look fragile, especially in his eyes.

"Do you miss?" He asked me touching my shoulder.

"Sometimes." I sighed. "After I became the object of exchange for my parents ... the feeling was never the same." I said, looking away from him.

We were silent for a moment. He and I rarely talked, after the party at the Ritz our conversations were confined to practically just my job as a Queen's assistant.