8 - A Dance With Her

A/N: SMUT ALERT, joking, is fluffy alert and a little drama too!  I dedicate this chapter to the most wonderful people in Wattpad, without you I would be nothing girls OneOfmyLies xMiss_Mercuryx Freddies_Queen love u all ❤️🙈

JOHN DEACON POV

Freddie was finishing the performance of You take my breath away that he insisted on playing when I noticed a tall, middle-aged man staring at the table where Ronnie, Julia, and Chrissie were, I was still in the corner of the stage but I could still see the table. I let my bass down as soon as the song was over, the man slowly approached.

Julia seemed to be so happy she applauded enthusiastically as he spoke something with the girls when the tall, gray-haired man put his hand on her shoulder. Brian entered the aisle but I paid no attention to him. Julia turned to see the man and her gaze became frightened.

"Deacy, need-"

"Brian do you know that man?" I interrupt him and point to the table.

The man kept his hand on Julia's shoulder, and her expression was totally upset now. Veronica seemed to realize the situation and approached the man touching the shoulder of him that looked at her and walked away from Julia.

"Deacy, for fucking sake, can you join us on stage?" Freddie appeared pulling me by the arm as the man stepped away from Julia who closed her eyes as she received a hug from Ronnie.

"What's wrong with you?" Freddie asks and I just shook my head negatively and got my bass automatically. Freddie sighed deeply and walked away to the microphone.

The whole presentation I could not look away from the table, Freddie was in his flamboyant mood while we played but I was so concerned about the state of Julia that I barely noticed what we were playing, Ronnie realized my concern and nodded positively as if to say that everything was fine.

The music seemed to last for an eternity and Brian realized my inattention, he looked at me with a frown and asked quietly moving his lips what was going on and I just looked away from him.

I knew something was wrong, and the idea of a stranger next to them, scared the way Julia was ... all that scared me.

"Thanks everyone!" Freddie said at the end of the song and it was the cue for me to get rid of the bass and leave the stage quickly going to the table and sitting next to Ronnie.

As I sat down at the table I could see Julia's distant gaze and the tip of her nose a little red. I held Veronica's hand on my lap as Freddie sat down next to Julia.

"What the hell is going on with you Deacy?" He asked with a glass of whiskey in his hand while Julia's gaze remained vague. Brian arrived and sat down next to Chrissie and Roger on the other side of Julia.

"There was nothing, I'm fine," I said grumbling.

He is so blind he does not realize how frightened Julia was right next to him.

"Hey ... do not come with this Deacy, you're weird!" Brian winks at me raising his glass as if toasting me and Veronica just nods.