Till Death Do Us Fight

December 12, 2008

December 12, 2008

Senoia, Georgia

Between Safety and Him

"Daryl!" I screamed, not even really knowing why. I watched, barely able to see him as his face jerked in my direction. I pointed behind him at the herd that was only getting closer to him. I needed to run back, I had to warn the others, but I couldn't leave him there either. 

"Merle!" I heard him yell, but it sounded like a whisper to me. They hopped in their blue trunk, and I didn't wait any longer before turning around to run back. It was getting dark now, the sun setting in front of me as I ran towards the farm house, and it was taking me too long to get there. I could hear the growls now, but I couldn't hear Daryl's truck. 

I stopped without thinking and spun around. I could see Daryl's truck, sitting in exactly the same spot it was before, and it wasn't moving, hadn't even turned on it looked like, and Daryl and Merle were nowhere to be seen. I felt tears burn my eyes as I realized what that meant, as the walkers swarmed their camp coming straight towards me. 

Frantically my eyes scanned my surroundings, and I saw it, the barn. I'd go to the barn. 

I sprinted towards it, praying that I could make it there before they caught up to me. 

God I wish Castiel were here. I thought, not for the first time as I ran. I wish he had come back. 

I didn't have time to dwell any more, the barn was in front of me and I had seconds to rip the doors open. I slammed them shut as soon as I was inside, and a moment later they were banging on the door. 

Tears streaked down my face as I held the door shut with sheer willpower alone. There was no way I could move away from this door, they'd be on me in moments. 

There was nothing I could do, I was going to die this way. 

At least if I die, I'll see Cas again. 

I was losing feeling in my arms, and I was about to pull away from the door and resign myself to my fate when it happened. A warm presence appeared right behind me, and hands landed on the doors by mine. Whoever this was, had caged me to the doors, but the doors were no longer moving. 

I could hear banging so I knew the walkers hadn't just disappeared, so that meant the arms were holding them back all on their own. 

"What the fuck?" I breathed, knowing that when I had come in I didn't see a single soul in this barn. 

"Evie..." The person breathed, and I wanted to collapse. 

"Cas?" He was radiating heat onto my back and I knew not to turn around, he was using his grace to power his strength and if I turned I could be burnt, but I wanted to see him. God how I wanted to see him.