Squirrel Boy

November 25, 2008

November 25, 2008

Atlanta, Georgia

The Impala

I watched her from the the spot in the car that was absolutely furthest from her. 

She had her feet up on the dash, her boots leaving dirt prints, and her socks falling at different spots on her legs, giving her a disheveled look that was only reinforced by the mess of hair being blown around by the wind coming in through the open window. She was staring out it, like she was pretending she was in a sad music video or something, and knowing her she probably was. She was humming something, a song I couldn't recognize, but it sounded familiar, and when her brother slapped her on her arm, jerking her attention away from the scenery so she could glare at him, I finally found out what it was. 

"Don't. We don't sing that trash in this car." Dean growled, and my eyes flickered back to her face. She was smirking at him now, a mischievous look on her face. 

"Country Road is not trash Dean-O. It is a classic. Plus, it fits the mood. Here we are, driving down the country road, in silence since you lost your fucking tapes." She said, a glare now on her face as she turned the blame on him, and when I glanced at the men besides me, I realized that I wasn't the only one fascinated by her. The angel and my brother were too. Staring at her with idiotic love-stuck faces that made me want to barf. 

First of all, Merle is like... twice her age or something. I mean, I have to be at least ten years older than her or something. But Merle is a crap ton older than that. Second of all, Castiel is supposed to be an angel. How can he feel anything besides... well whatever kind of weird feeling he's supposed to have for God or whatever. 

"Just shut up Evie. You're giving me a headache." Dean growled, and I could hear the leather squeak as he tightened his grip around it. Evie smirked to herself and looked out the window again. 

"Don't know how you have a headache. It's not like there's a brain or anything in there." She snarked, not even looking to see his reaction. 

"Yeah well... at least I have... fuck. Shut up." He growled, and I couldn't help the snort that came out of my mouth at his absolute failure. 

"Dude." He yelled, glancing at me in the rear-view and I just smirked at him. 

"What man? You failed. Can't even come up with a comeback. Maybe she was right." I let the smirk grow a little bit bigger when she spun around to look at me, her hand out, waiting for a fist bump. I looked at it for a minute too long apparently because she shook it in my face. 

"Well? You gonna leave me hanging squirrel boy?" She asked, and I rolled my eyes, but knuckle-bumped her anyway. 

It was a little past lunch by the time we got back, and the group was all doing their chores, except for Sam and Ruby, who were sitting by the fire pit, Ruby curled up in Sam's lap, and he was staring off into space with absolutely no expression on his face, almost like he was completely catatonic.