Dark Days Part 2

Chapter 15

I awoke with a sharp pain in the back of my head. I must've been knocked out. I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a dark room, the only light coming from the lightening outside. We seem to be in the attic, due to the fact that I can see the tree tops out the window.

I heard a moan from beside me, so I looked over. Carl was shirtless, blood covering most of his chest and back. He opened his eyes the best he could, and every time he exposed them I would find myself looking deeper into them. The light from the lightening made them shine like crystals.

"Where are we?" He croaked, breathing heavily.

"I think an attic." I went to help Carl sit up, only then realizing my hands are tied to the pole behind me.

"What the hell?" Carl growled, unable to sit up do to the fact that his hands were tied too.

"I swear, I'm going to kill this guy-" he cried out in pain, looking down at his chest. There was a carving of a star above his heart, and the cut was deep.

"Carl," I breathed out. He looked up at me such sadness, he was hardly recognizable.

"This wasn't suppose to happen." He closed his eyes, whispering.

"Carl-"

"We were suppose to live in the prison."

"Stop-"

"We were suppose to live in the prison forever! Hershel was gonna take care of people, and my dad was gonna farm; that's how it worked! Everything was suppose to be okay but it's not! Everything's a damned mess, and it's all your damn dad's fault!" He hung his head low, and began to sob. This was defiantly a new side of Carl.

"I'm sorry for what my dad has done."

"Sorry won't bring everyone back."

"I'm still here." There was a long pause before he spoke again.

"That night, when you found out Karen died, I-.... It was me. Who gave you the blanket." He looked away from me, his eyes looking out into the thunder storm.

"That was you?" He nodded.

"I thought you didn't like me?"

"Well, I-"

"You're always mean to me."

"It's only because I-"

The door to the attic opened suddenly, and I feared what was to come next.

"I was wondering when you two would wake up." He chuckled, squatting down in front of Carl.

Carl glared at him, his bottom lip sticking out, swollen probably. "Go to hell." He spat at the man's shoe.

The man looked at his shoe and stifled a laugh. His expression changed quickly, and he whipped out his knife and pressed it to Carl's throat.

"Stop! Leave him alone!" I screamed. I struggled against the ropes that held me down, jerking back and forth. The man laughed and released Carl, walking over to me. He knelt down in front me and grabbed my chin.

"Awe, look at the poor baby." I struggled against his grip, but he forced me to face him.

"Don't touch her! Son of a bitch." Carl growled, lunging forward.

"You two are cute, you really are. Trying to save each other. Awe, well, you read the note. You know what happens next." He released my chin, throwing my head back into the wall.

"I'll be back soon. Give you time to say your goodbyes before, well, you know." He made the sign of a knife slitting his throat, laughed, and walked out.

"We're gonna die." I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"No we're not."

"Easy for you to say. You're brave."

"You don't think I'm scared, too? I'm terrified, Anna. But I know we can get out of this. I know... You can get out of this. You're stronger than I thought you were. Maybe not in the same way I am, but you are. I need your help. Please."

I closed my eyes, sniffling and crying the last of my tears. "Okay. What do you want me to do?"

"There's a knife in my boot. I'm going to kick it off and slide it over to you behind your back. I want you to feel around for it, and when you get it, free yourself and then me."

I nodded my head quickly, and he began to kick his boot off. Once he had done that, he slid it over to me as planned. I dug around inside of the boot, taking no time to track down the knife.

"I got it." I smiled.

"Good, good. Now hurry."

I began sawing away at the ropes until they were cut. I sighed in relief, rubbing my wrists. I crawled over to Carl, who had looked relieved. I crouched beside him, and started sawing the ropes. I looked over at him, his eyes instantly meeting mine.

"Thank you." He whispered. I smirked, looking away shyly. The rope was finally cut, and he stood quickly.

"Okay, we need a plan." He said, pacing.

"The window." I pointed over to it, rushing towards it.

"Wait," he grabbed my wrist. I pulled away. "Don't touch me, please."

"Sorry, but I need my hat." I looked at him, confused.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Look, it's complicated. I-I just need it... Like you need your journal."

I felt the journal in my back pocket, closing my eyes and exhaling.

"Okay."

"Here's the plan..."

••••••

I hid in the bushes, scared to death of what we were about to do. I said a silent prayer and stood, emerging from the bushes.

I started screaming, the loudest I ever had. The man came running out of the front door, his face twisted with confusion.

"The hell?"

"That's right. Come and get me." I whispered to myself, flicking open the pocket knife. The rain began to pour down harder, my vision decreasing.

He started sprinting towards me, and I raised my knife. He grabbed my wrist, twisting it and causing me to drop the knife.

This was not part of the plan.

He laughed evilly, wrapping his hands around my neck. He squeezed and squeezed, and I swear I was seeing images of my dad's face every time he did.

The man suddenly let go, both him and I falling to the ground. I breathed hard and fast, caressing my neck. The man's body was pulled from mine, and I saw Carl- with his hat on.

The rain was coming down hard, and you couldn't tell whether I was crying or whether it was rain. Carl put his hand on my cheek, stroking it softly.

"I thought I said not to touch me." I smirked.

"I don't care." He began to lean down. "I'm going to touch your lips now."

I nodded my head, and just as our mouths met...

I woke up.

••••••

AUTHORS NOTE

So... Some people are gonna hate me. Tehehe this was all a dream 🙊

#sorrynotsorry

But new update is coming soon. Maybe tonight, maybe not, idk

Thank you all so much kay bye 😽😽