Shin-Ra

"See the dates? They are random. The previous Cap isn't a neat person. I think that photo belongs to him. He was the Captain before you, V."

RM continues his explanation, "I have been reading some of them. Basically their goal is to create better human beings. Cloning, tempering human DNA. Nothing is sacred for them. In the name of progress. They are using inmates as guinea pigs."

He types the keyboards.

He asks, "Someone looked familiar?"

Photo of young Byron is staring them. He looks skinny, meek and frail. Unlike his present self.

"I think this is our buddy, B. Before he went through the process. The experimental drugs could change human behaviors. Made one became more aggressive and etc."

Vante hits the computer desk in his rage. RM almost jumps up from his seat. Jungkook's mouth is wide opened. A fly could have flown in there.

"Sorry..." apologizes V when he looks around.

Sleepy cabin mates are staring him right now.

V walks out of the cabin. To a balcony. He inhales a deep breath.

"Here," offers Jin.

He has follows him to the balcony. V accepts a towel to dry himself.

Jin sits on a bench placed on a balcony

He asks, "Rough night?"

"I just dived into the ocean to save Byron's ass. His feet got tied, Jin. Added iron weight. There is zero hope of survival."

Jin rubs his chin.

Vante stares to his shaking hands. Not from cold. More from fear. He never realized a man could be cruel to other humans.

He asks, "Can I stop this madness? I'm the ship Captain, am I?"

"Not the real one. Don't know if the warden would trust you enough to change the whole operation. Changing MO isn't their style."

V comments, "You seem to know a lot about Shin-Ra."

Jin shrugs his shoulders.

"Only what I've heard from my friends."

"What they usually do in Juvenile detention center? Killing inmates aren't the standard procedure, I guess..."

Jin says, "Correct the criminal behaviors. Not killing them. Some folks suggest giving them jobs or capitals to start a small business. Statistic shown only 32-38 percent inmates stopped doing crimes after given incentives like that."

Vante sighs. He stares to the Moon above them.

"The cook said a criminal is always be a crook."

Jin taps his shoulder and then he warns, "I think Jungkook has finished taken a bath. Go take a quick shower before you got frozen out here."

"Okay."

Vante stares to the ocean once again before he leaves the balcony.

*****

It's in the middle of the night. Vante got awakened when he heard something.

He opens his eyes.

Jin is sitting in front of the computer. He is typing something in slow motion. As if he was trying not make too much noises. He is frowning while scratching his head.

Vante quickly closes his eyes when Jin stares to his direction.

Who are you, Jin? You are no gangster. What are you doing? You are keeping secrets from us. Are you the real Captain?

Vante couldn't sleep a wink until Jin has turned off the computer. He waits patiently until Jin falls asleep.

After Jin's breath becomes stable, V rises from the bed.

He walks toward the computer. He doesn't remember if he could use one or not. He turns it on.

He begins to type the keyboard before he realizes it. As if his instincts are guiding him.

The screen is showing a lot of past projects. One of them is called  Resurrection.

He tried to access the file but access was denied everytime.

Vante yawns. Finally he turns off the computer. He goes back to the bed to sleep again.

Jin opens his eyes the moment he is sure V has fallen asleep.

Who are you, Vante? It's like peeling an Onion. More and more secrets the more I peeled.

Jin stares to his sleeping cabin mates. More innocent bystanders got caught in this long unknown war.

*****

Vante is sitting on a couch, thinking. Wondering how to change the methods in this ship. The others have waken up except for Jin and RM. Those two are still snoring right now.

"V looks pissed off," comments Suga.

"He looks blue. Just like his hair," adds Jungkook.

Jimin states, "Monday morning, folks. The right time for Monday Blues."

V rises from the couch.

He walks to them and he says, "Stop gossiping as if I couldn't hear you guys,"

The three teen boys only smirk, showing their perfect pearly teeth. They are sitting at small dining table.

Suga comments, "Grouchy. Maybe his girlfriend dumped him. Just like J-HOPE"

J-HOPE is staring to ocean through a porthole again. His shoulders slump. He has looked like this since he got a letter last night. He said nothing to them. He looked more dead than alive.

Suga has seen it has a wedding invitation in it. And a woman's name on the envelope: Maggie.

Jungkook shakes his head.

He suggests, "Must be his period. His hormones..."

"I don't have premenstrual syndrome. I'm a boy. And no, I don't remember having a girlfriend. I think I would remember it if I had..."

RM chuckles. He yawns when he rises from bed. V is having headaches right now. They won't stop teasing him. Not until they got bored. He better get used to it.

It's like having real brothers. They would bug you all day long until you wished to be a single child again.

RM says, "Stop bothering him. He already has his hands full."

"Noisy brats. Can't let me sleep a little longer..." complaints Jin.

Vante and Jin accidentally stare each others. None of them speak anything.

Jimin hugs V from behind, "Did I feel love in the air? I think he's in love."

He makes a thumping heartbeat gestures with both hands to Vante's chest.

"Stop joking, bozo. Not even funny," protests V.

Vante walks out of the Captain Quarters.

I have to be careful. Jin might be the real Cap. I don't want to get another backstab from behind.

He looks into the Quarter through a port hole.

They all look nice and friendly. I can't trust them. Friend, I don't need one...

-----------------------------------------------
Please vote and comment:)

Hurt once, never trust again. Poor V.