Chapter 5 Differences and dirty minds...

~~~~~~~~~~Erin's P.OV.~~~~~~~~~~

I watched Josh slide a card through this scanner attached to the door. I don't even know why I'm nervous. I mean, my heart is racing, my palms are sweating. This is awkward. Are we going to have sex? Wlill he rape me? What am I thinking??? I''m so dirty right now. I barely know him....and I don't like him (boyfriend ways).I just don't know if it's the right time to trust him or if I should trust him at all...

The scanner lets out a beeping sound Here we go. He opened the door and unraveled the most beautiful hotel room in the world. It was so beautiful and elegant. Pshh. I didn't know a room could be this big. The leathered couches, flat screen TV, huge kitchen and one room. ONE ROOM?!? 

I thought it was going to be onr room hotel with 2 rooms in it!!!! What?! Apparently, I wasn't the only one surprised. I could see that Josh's face was pretty suprised too. But I guess were both gonna have to deal with it.

I felt curious. "Where's you're luggage or something?" He just stood there and looked at me with a blank face. Did I something wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~Josh's P.O.V.~~~~~~~~~~~

Sh*t! My luggage! I must have left it in the cab and the taxi driver didn't wait for me!!! This is just f*cked up. But oh well. At least I've bot a wad of cash and my credit card. Wait! One room?! I thought I asked for- I'm not even do anything I guess we'll both just have to figure something out.

"I didn't bring one." I chuckled and lied to her. I didn't want her to think that I'm stupid or anything.

"Oh..." She said quietly and toured around the room. I followed her. She scurried to the bathroom and screamed. I instantly ran to her. "What happened? Are you okay?" She stood in thew middle of the bathroom with an amazed look on her face. 

"Are you okay?" I repeated. 

"Yes!!!! Look at this!" She held her hands out and spun in a circle. What is she talking about, it just a bathroom. I didn't know what to say... "This is like the size of our living room!!! This is huge!" Is this what it feels like to be a commoner-or a normal person??? This is pretty normal for me but it amazes me how she's so intrested.

"Wow! This hotel is amazing! Let's check out the kitchen!" She walked off.

"Alright." It took me a few steps to find the kitchen. I gotta say, this sure is a big room.

Erin gasped. "Oh my god. This is beautiful. The ceramic tiles, the granite stove tops and the fancy chairs! This is like a vacation at the buckingham palace!" We both laughed. She's so cute.

"Okay, now I'm ready to see the room!" She squealed and ran. I qucikly followed her all the way to the room. The room was huge. It was the color beige and had fancy patterns on the wall. 

Erin out her hand on herm mouth. "Wow. This is amazing!" She jumped on the bed and I watched her body sway from the movement of the bed. 

Before I could say anything she immediatley yelled "Omigod! Is this a water bed?!" Her eyes widened hoping for an answer. I gave her a nod and she took a pillow, covered to her face and screamed. 

I go over to her bad and sit right beside her. "You like it huh?" 

"Hell yeah, I do!" She giggled. She sounded so cute. I felt like I knew her already. Silence filled the room. "Thanks, by the way." She said shyly.

I knew what she meant but I wanted hear it again just to tease her. "What? I can't hear you?" I put my hand uo to my ear. I'm enjoying this. 

She laughed and said "Thank you, Josh."

"For what?" I tried not to laugh and kept a steady smile.

"For everything. For being my friend and for letting me stay with you. It means lot." 

Yes! Were officialy friends! "You're Welcome." My faced turned bright red and I tried to hide it away from her.

"Friendly hug?" She held out both of her hands. Who can turn this down?

"Sure." I helt out my arms and gave her a hug. Damn, she was a good hugger. She smelled good, her hair was soft. I love it. Unfortunately, I had to break off the hug and pulled away. I got up from the bed and said "It's a good day outside. Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know." Come on, Josh. Be a man and think of something. How lame can I get?

"Do you want to go to my neighborhood?" Her face lit up. Why would she want to go there when she just ran away from it? It doesn't make sense. I decided not to ask her any questions and just said "Sure, why not?" I gave her a gentle smile as I put my hands inside my pockets. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I called a taxi and told the driver to drop us off at "Somer Lake" (her neighborhood). We both walked on the side walks for a while. It was a nice day outside and I haven't been this happy since I ran away.

"So...how old are you?" I never thought about asking her about her age till now.

"I'm 16. I'm turning seventeen in November 1st." She flipped her hair and said "How old are you?" 

"I just turned 17 two weeks ago." I let out a small laugh. It's nice to have a friend like her. We have a lot of things in common. Just like our age exept that I was born in October 13.

"Well then, Happy Birthday belated." She gave me a friendly nudge on my shoulder. 

"Thanks." We passed a couple more houses.

"Wait." She held up her hand to my chest which my heart beat faster. "This is it." I looked at the house right infront of us. It wa burned down. Everything was destroyed. JUst by looking at it, I could feel all the sorrow. 

"I'm so sorry." 

"It's alright. It is what it is." She sighed. "I just wanted it for the last time." 

"Take your time." I feel really bad for her. All this sadness is just ruining the mood.

I could see it in her eyes that she missed home and her parents. Her eyes twinkled through the sun and she looked liked she was about to cry.

We both just stood there for a few minutes. I didn't mean to rush her but I had to say it. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah." She sniffed.

"I mean, you can take your time. We can stay here as long as you want." 

"No, it's fine. We should go." Nice move, Josh.

We both didn't have any ideas on where to go next so the taxi drove us back to the hotel. 

 "