Chapter 49

Farewell or Reunion? (Final)

❝Fairy tales always don't have a happy ending, do they?❞

Fairy tales always don't have a happy ending, do they?

Y/n POV: 

The whole night, I tossed on my bed and could not sleep at all. Each word said by him kept replaying in my mind.

"Ms. Kang, someone left this envelope for you in the reception." Handing a white envelope, my secretary informed.

I took out a document from the envelope.

Divorce papers.

My mind went blank. It has the signature of Jungkook on it.

Was it too easy for him to end our marriage?

He was the one who started this and he is the one who ended it.

Just with one signature.

My whole body went numb.

I wanted a divorce. He did exactly what I wanted. Then why am I hurting?

I came back from my inner thoughts with a loud noise, which occurred when Taehyung slammed the door.

"So you are not going to rectify your mistake?" Raising his voice, he shouted.

I went near the table, pouring water into the glass.

Clearing my throat, I gulped down a glass of water, feeling my throat go dry.

My hands trembled as I placed down the glass and took a glimpse of the divorce papers.

"I didn't do anything wrong." My grip on the half-filled water glass tightened, to stop my hands from trembling.

He sighed, "Don't you love him?"

I turned to him. Anger built up inside me.

"He was the one who let me go. He always wanted to get rid of me. I could have changed my mind if he talked to me at least once but no, he didn't. He didn't even try to convince me and sent me these..." I picked up the envelope, waving it in front of his face, "... these divorce papers."

Another document paper fell down from the envelope. I crouched down to pick it up.

My eyes widened when my eyes fell on the paper lying on the floor.

Property papers.

It said that Jungkook transferred all of his property and company shares under my name. I read it over and over again, unable to believe my eyes.

"W-What is this?" With a trembling voice, I spoke.

Taehyung peeked from behind me to read the papers.