Chapter 33

Jungkook POV:

"I'm sorry, but I can't come home for dinner."

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I tied the knot of my black necktie.

Y/n stood beside me, holding a tray with the cup of coffee.

"Why can't you come home early?" She whined.

"Why do you want me to come home early?" Turning to face her, I tried to maintain a poker face and took the coffee cup in my hand.

"You don't remember, do you?" She questioned, pressing her lips.

"Is there any special occasion?" I asked, bringing the the cup near my lips to sip some coffee, watching the sparkle in her eyes fade with disappointment.

She frowned. Her nostrils flared, she stormed out the door and slammed it shut.

I hardly managed to contain my laughter.

She thought I forgot our anniversary.

Silly!

How can I forget our special day?

I did all the arrangements to make this day extra special.

Picking the briefcase on my study table, I headed downstairs.

"I'm going to work," In a rush, I wore my shoes.

Getting no response from Y/n, I peeked my head and noticed her sitting on the couch, watching the TV.

"I'm heading to work." I repeated myself just to get ignored by her.

She shoved popcorn in her mouth aggressively, staring at the TV screen.

I sighed and lifted my arm to check the time.

Fuck! I'll get late.

·᳝∴̣࣭🌻·᳝∴̣࣭

Y/n POV:

How can he forget our anniversary?

I shoved a fistful of popcorn in my mouth, internally screaming Jungkook.

It doesn't matter.

Even if he doesn't remember, I should do something to celebrate our day.

Placing the popcorn bowl on the living room table, I dusted off my hand to get started with my work.

With flowers petals and scented candles, I decorated the whole house and decided to arrange a candlelight dinner for us at home.

After finishing all the preparation, I dressed up in a long sleeve shift dress, and checked myself in the mirror, stroking my flabby stomach.

Am I putting on more weight?

I thought to myself.

I stopped checking myself when the doorbell rang.

It must be Jungkook. Maybe he wanted to give me a surprise.

I ran down the stairs and rushed to open the door, wearing a wide smile on my face.

"You finally remembered─"

My smile faded off, seeing the person in front of the door.

"What are you doing here?" Unintentionally, I blurted out.

Chanyeol furrowed his brows, looking at me.

"Is this the way, you should talk to your brother-in-law?" He muttered, expressing his infuriation.