Chapter 43

Y/n POV: "Doctor, will she be fine?" I heard a faint voice

Y/n POV:
"Doctor, will she be fine?" I heard a faint voice.

Weakly, I opened my eyelids adjusting to room light.

I stirred on the bed, gaining the attention of the doctor and Jungkook.

"How are you feeling, Mrs. Jeon?" The doctor asked.

I tried to get up but I was feeling too weak and failed to do so.

Jungkook helped me to sit up.

"Good," In a weak voice, I answered the doctor.

"The patient passed out due to low blood sugar level. In addition to that, she's suffering from the side effects of rapid weight loss." The doctor explained my condition to Jungkook.

They exchanged a few words and the doctor left, leaving me and Jungkook alone.

He sat on a chair beside the side. "You're too hard on yourself."

Overweight or being too skinny, I have to hear the nagging of people.

Either way, I get criticized people.

At this point, I don't even know what's my fault.

Being alive.

A voice in my head said.

He sighed, not getting any response from me.

He filled the empty glass with water.

"I didn't inform your parents so they won't get worried about you. I'll ask mother to make healthy food for you during your stay here."

"I'm fine by myself. You can leave." I turned my head to the otherside, looking at the outside view from the transparent window.

"Why are you always pushing me away?" His voice was barely audible.

"Why? Are you already tired of me? You couldn't even last for a week?" I spoke in a mocking tone.

He released a long, deep breath to suppress his anger.

"Let's not talk about this. I don't want to argue with you. I'll ask mother to prepare food for you." He took his phone, dialing a number and left the room.

What's the use of pretending when he knows that nothing will change between us?

A nurse opened the door, warmly smiling.

"I need to give you a shot." She took an injection in her hand.

I rested my head against the headboard and rolled up the sleeve of my blouse.

"Your husband left?" She asked, injecting the needle and I simply nodded.

"You're lucky to have such a great husband. He stayed up the whole night with you." Furrowing my brows, I looked at her confused.