She was at the brink of tears.

"You used me just to get this stupid company of yours? Jungkook, I really loved you. Unlike you, without having any selfish reasons, I truly loved you. But you─" She choked on her tears, "...You deceived me and broke my heart."

Her hand balled into a fist, she placed the fist on her chest and broke down into tears.

I wanted to hug her tightly and comfort her in arms, but my legs didn't move.

I felt a heavyweight on my shoulder and my feet were fixed on the floor.

I couldn't move my body. The feeling of guilt and remorse was killing me inside.

I lowered my head, unable to meet her eyes.

She brushed off her tears, looking at me, "Was there a single second when you were sincere with me?"

Tears ran down her face without any restriction.

"You said you love me and I believed you." Her voice was barely audible.

Lifting my chin up, I looked at her, "I love you. I really do. It's true, I didn't like you at first but I fell in love with you. You have to believe me." I pleaded.

Silently, she sobbed before taking a step towards me.

"Do you expect me to believe your lies? All the moments we've shared disgust me now. I want all of it to disappear!"

She gripped her hair, trying to remove the pain inside her chest.

Her heart was broken and shattered into pieces because of me.

I couldn't handle the sight of her devastated state.

It was hurting me to see her suffering because of the stupid decision of me.

"Give me a chance to explain." Inching forward, I tried to get a hold of her hands but she backed away.

"There is no need to explain anything. It's all over. We're over. I want a divorce from you." She answered without looking at me.

The words that left her mouth, made me freeze, "...What?"

She let out a painful chuckle.

"Shouldn't you be happy? According to the contract, today is the last day of our marriage." She faked a smile and motioned to the paper.

"Congratulations, Jeon Jungkook. You get the freedom and dream will come true."

She looked down at her feet and turned her back to me, hiding the tears from me.

"Can't you give me one more chance?" I approached her up to a distance.

"I already gave you a second chance and you misused it. I loved you, how could you do this to me?" She replied, still back facing me.

I could sense the pain in her voice. Her body was trembling from her muffled cries.

Holding her shoulder, I turned her around. She tried to remove my grip on her shoulder but I tightened my grip pulling her closer, closing the distance between us.

I pressed my forehead against her to calm her. After some time, she stopped struggling and I looked down at her eyes.

"Please listen to me... Just once." I whispered, still pressing our forehead against each other.

She hiccupped, "You hurt me, still I forgave you."

"I know, I'm sorry." I lowered my tone.

"You said, you loved me and I believed your lies, like a fool." She closed her eyes tightly, letting out the pain in the form of tears.

A tear escaped from my eyes. I can't see her like this.

"I didn't but I do love you now." I cupped her face, making her look into my eyes.

"I never lied to you. But you kept me in dark for a whole year." I wiped off the tears that rolled down her face.

"It's because I love you. I was afraid to lose you." I tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

Stumbling on her feet, she stepped away, maintaining a distance between us.

"Look at me. You have to believe me, I love you and that's true." With a pleading voice, I tried to persuade her.

"I love you?! These are empty words. I don't believe you."

"Please listen to me once!"

"I don't want to hear anything. It's over. It's all over. You're no one for me, now! I hate you and I will keep hating you for the rest of my life."

She headed to the door and I went after her. I stopped right behind her.

Holding the doorknob, she turned around looking at my face.

"I will make sure you regret what you did to me. Mark my words, Jeon Jungkook." She threw the contract paper on my face and rushed out of the place.

I looked down at the paper which was lying on the ground.

Is this really the end of us?

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─

You may fool the world temporarily but lies cannot defeat the truth.

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─