Chapter 31: I Found Soren

Taylor's POV:

I hear a faint beeping that seems far away. Every second that passes, it gets closer. Eventually it's right beside my ear. I don't bother opening my eyes. I shuffle my legs a little bit and hear Nick, "Taylor? Can you hear me?"

"Dominic," I grumble, "turn the alarm off."

"It's not the alarm baby girl, open your eyes." He say's. I slowly open my eyes. Once they adjust I see Dominic, "You look like you got hit by a bus." I tell him. His normally tanned skin is a ghost white, his eyes are now a dim green and he looks like he lost weight.

He chuckles and replys, "Yeah I know. Do you know where you are?"

I look around, the hospital? I try to sit up, but fall back and groan when I feel pain ripple through my chest. Suddenly reality hits.

"Is he dead?" I ask.

"Yeah, he is. You've been out for two weeks." He say's. I start to panic, I look down at my stomach worried.

"Don't worry, he's fine." He say's as if reading my mind.

"He?" I ask smiling. He nods and kisses me lightly.

"What do you want his name to be?" He asks.

"Xander." I say looking up at him. He smiles and puts his hand on my stomach.

"Xander Deleon." He repeats.

-----13 years later-----

Taylor's POV: (Picture of Xander above)

I glance down at 13 year old Xander. He looks so old for his age. Not but a few years and he will be taller than me. I still don't get where the blonde hair came from. Luna had passed away a few years ago, but she lived a long time. I got my horses from my brother and brought them out here. I got a job as an officer here in Arizona. Everything fell into place.

"Mom, do we really have to do this?" He whines.

"Yes Xander, we do. You know how I don't like leaving you with people I don't know." I tell him.

He want's to go to his friends house, but I don't know his dad very well, so I want to meet him before he spends a night. Nick can't come because he has pack bisnuess to take care of. You heards me, pack. Because Samuel never had a Son, he let Dominic take over. After I have everything I need I get into the car and drive off with Xander.

I begin to drive to the adress I was given. After about ten minutes we reach our destination. I get out and Xander is already knocking on the door, he's very impatient. When I reach the door it opens.

Xander trys to invite himself in but I grab him by the arm, "Mind your manners mister." I say.

I look up and see the kids father. He looks familiar. No shirt, so far I'm not impressed.

"Hey, I'm Taylor Deleon." I introduce extending my hand, "And my son Is Xander."

He extends his and say's "I'm Soren Brooks," I look down at his arm.

Tattoo of a snake. Scar of a stab wound on his right side.

I yank my hand away. Xander trys to walk in but I pull him behind me.I slowly back away. He looks confused, then his eyes widen. He looks at Xander with hate. "Mom?" I hear Xander say.

Soren pulls a knife from his pocket. I grab Xander's hand and run. I jump in the car, pulling Xander over my lap and into the passengers side. I slam my door shut, only for Soren to break the window. He cuts my arm pretty good. I start the engine and drive off just in time. I hear him yell, "I'll kill that kid if it's the last thing I do!"

I speed to the pack house. When I get there I keep Xander by my side. I open the door and see Nick in the living room talking to Samuel.

"I found Soren." I announce.

He looks at me wide eyed.

"What do you mean you found Soren?" Dominic's voice booms.

*****IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE*****

Book 2 is called: Mated To A Convict.

It can be searched or found under my profile.

Thanks for reading! -*Bri