9-notice

the pillow seonghwa had over his face slowly slipped down. time felt like it was moving in slow motion as he sat up only to be met with yeosang's emotionless face. he said nothing though as their eyes met. his mouth opened and closed like something wanted to come out but nothing ever did.

"why?" yeosang's voice trembled while he took a few steps closer to the blonde boy sitting motionless on the bed.

"...im fine" the words came out rehearsed. seonghwa looked down at his hands, lacing his finger tips together attempting to avoid the hatred and disgust he would see on his brothers face. instead he heard soft panic laughter and choked cries. he looked up seeing yeosang's back turned towards him but the younger boys shoulders could be seen moving up and down.

" yeo?"

the mentioned boy said nothing instead he just cried harder. he didn't know whether to feel mad , guilty, disappointed maybe all of them. so he did nothing, he turned around letting his tear stained face meet seonghwa's before he just quietly walked out of the bedroom closing the door behind him.

that was a week ago

neither boy had attempted to speak to each other. when someone tried to get the two boys to talk, yeosang would put in his head phones. turning the music all the way up just so he couldn't hear seonghwa. while seonghwa, who simply felt horrible for making his brother mad, would just sit on the floor staring at whatever caught his eye for however long they were stuck together.

frankly the others had quickly grown annoyed at their behavior.

_-_-_-_

"seonghwa skipping lunch again?" wooyoung asked from across the table. the spot directly in front of him having been empty for a few days now. yeosang shrugged, not once looking up from the chicken on his plate.

" ah, is he? I didn't notice."

mingi sighed, pushing yeosang's plate from in front of him before forcing the older to turn to him. " you're telling me, you didn't notice your brother missing from lunch everyday for the past week? because I would surly notice if hongjoong hyung's small ass was missing for more than 20 minutes." mingi asked, staring straight at the smaller boy before he felt a hand whack the back of his head. hongjoong muttered a few curse words under his breath.

yeosang sighed. he really didn't have time to be lectured right now. " he turns 18 in April, he's more than capable to handle himself." with that, he tore his gaze from mingi's. pulling his plate back in front of him and taking another bite of his wing.

yeosang found himself distracted throughout the rest of his classes. he didn't really mean to ignore the older boy, he just needed some time to process. its not like he hadn't figured what seonghwa had been doing before, its just he didn't expect his thoughts to be true.

in reality he was just scared. if seonghwa was hiding this from everyone what else could he be hiding.

eventually he decided to stop stressing so much about it. wooyoung and yunho had invited him over to their house and he didn't feel like having a headache.

-_-_-_-

" so if I tried to drown you? you would just breath?" wooyoung asked as the three of them sat inside his bedroom eating whatever junk food his fathers had brought. yeosang had just finished explaining how he could pretty much breath underwater. as a kid it was harder as it would still sting his noes but now he could do it and help other's breath underwater.

" I mean yeah. w-why would you try to drown me though?"  he replied moving slightly closer to yunho. in return wooyoung only smiled creepily at the older boy shoving a handful of popcorn into his own mouth.

" wooyoung's a different kind of special don't. mind him." yunho reassured, frizzing up the pink haired boys mane. wooyoung, who wasn't amused at his brothers response, took a handful of popcorn and tossed it into the older boy's direction.

laughter soon filled the room as food had begun to fly back and fourth. yeosang hiding behind yunho as he flung a small hotdog at wooyoung. hitting the purple haired boy directly in the forehead.

soon the food fight had ended. hoseok had come upstairs to tell the boys dinner was ready and almost had a heart attack at the sight of the food everywhere. leading too yunho and wooyoung promptly kicking yeosang out before he had the chance to watch the two get punished.

by the time the pink haired boy got close to his house, the clock was nearing 10 o'clock. at this time dinner should have been already cooked, seonghwa should be home and all he had to do was do chores and shower. The pink haired boy smiled to himself as he opened the door to his house.

as he expected jimin and jungkook where both in the kitchen. jungkook perched on the seat by the counter as the older of the two sang while cooking. both heads gently turned to the side as yeosang closed the door behind himself. Kicking his shoes off and walking over to his parents.

" hey how was your day?" Jungkook asked.

" it was good. Didnt really do anything. Wheres hwa?"
Both parents were slightly taken aback. It had been the first time in a week the younger had acknowledged his brother.

" he went out with a few friends, he'll be back soon." jimin said before he went back to cooking. yeosang nodded and made his way up stairs. he sighed when he walked passed seonghwa's room. walking towards it, he put his hand on the knob and opened it softly.

his eyes scanned the room. seonghwa was usually extremely neat, cleaning the same thing 4 or five times over before he deemed it clean. but now, the room was a mess. the older boy's clothing was randomly tossed any which way, his bed wasn't made up, random papers spread over the dressers.

he turned around in his tracks, closing his brothers door and making his way into his own room for the night.