1-normal

There were many things seonghwa had grown to dislike about himself as he grew up. the way he grew awkward in front of people, the way he'd freeze up and practically panic in crowds, the way he smiled as if he was in pain, his photographic memory that made it impossible to forget, the way his voice would randomly crack when he got excited, but what he hated about himself more than anything was his lack of an ability.

He knew he should be grateful for never developing one, but it lingered in his mind that both his fathers had one, his younger brother had one ,his best friends at school, hell majority of the school he went too were mutants.  being the eldest son of not one but two people who made it possible for mutants to roam freely, he felt he didn't belong not being one.

He laid his head on his desk attempting to calm the headache that was beginning to creep on him. his normal teacher was absent so a substitute was there, and like most students when their teacher is gone, the class went absolute batshit.  he had been momentarily able to sleep before he felt a small paper ball bounce off the side of his head.

he lifted his head, eyes adjusting to the bright room light as he picked up the crumbled paper. he knew better than to open it so he just dropped it onto the floor not even bothering to glance back at the group of students who had flung it at him. this was normal for him. eventually the bell had rung.

seonghwa was the first one to get up grabbing his bag ,  slinging it over his shoulder and making his way through the narrow gap between the desk. his breathing caught in his throat once a leg had quickly pushed out in front of his own, causing the blonde boy to trip. falling face first onto the floor.

laughter filled the classroom as he got up ignoring the metallic taste of his lip.

" watch where you're going next time angry bird." Lucas chuckled as he bumped seonghwa walking out the class. seonghwa only replied with a shrug before walking out of the classroom only to find two pink haired boys and one green haired boy staring up at him.

" hyung what happened to your lip." yeosang exclaimed as he grabbed his brothers face to examine the now bruising lip. seonghwa jerked his face away with a scowl.

" I bit it." he lied.

" suree. you did hyung." seonghwa moved his gaze away from yeosang and onto the second pink haired boy. lee Felix , a light manipulator who was ranked class C and uncommon, who also happened to be one of seonghwa closets friends along with the green haired male, bang Christopher a.k.a bang chan.

" I did." seonghwa sighed out as he walked ahead of the group into the cafeteria. yeosang taking a seat beside him while Felix and chan sat across from them. bang chan was the next to speak up.

" was it Lucas again? I swear to god ill beat his ass." bang chan was also a mutant. a fire manipulator ranked class b and common. seonghwa once again sighed as he shot daggers into the elders eyes.

" seriously I am fine!" he exclaimed " I bit my lip is all, let it go." his voice faded into a whisper by the end of the sentence.

the three other boys knew of Lucas' dislike for seonghwa, having to threaten the teenager multiple times. each time seonghwa insisted  that even though he was just human, he was more than able to defend himself.

they didn't doubt him, but they didn't necessarily believe him either. seonghwa at all cost wanted to avoid confrontation. even if that meant getting the shit beat out of him and then saying nothing afterwards.

eventually the day ended. seonghwa having been targeted a few times throughout the day but nothing he wasn't used too. him and yeosang made their way through the front door of their home. being greeted by boxes upon boxes and their two smiling fathers.

" how was your day boys?" jimin asked. like always seonghwa replied with a  'fine' in a monotone voice before abruptly making his way into his bedroom and locking himself in it until he was called down for dinner.

jimin sighed, taking a seat at his counter before turning to his youngest son. " what happened to his face?"

yeosang followed his fathers actions, taking a seat in front of him. " he says he bit his lip during his math class and as for his eye, im not sure. my best bet is on Lucas though."

jungkook sighed, ruffling yeosang's hair. this wasn't the first time the parents had heard of this Lucas. they had been called up on multiple occasions. the most recent only being a month ago when yeosang had beat up the boy and they had been met with an angry yeosang and a teary eyed seonghwa In the principles office.

it took almost two days to get yeosang to promise to not kill the brown haired boy.

" well we move in a week so you won't have to deal with him anymore." jimin assured. yeosang sighed. off course he was happy to get away from Lucas but he still had a lot of friends that he would miss and he knew seonghwa would too. especially Felix and chan who they had been friends with since seonghwa was ten and the two came from Australia to Korea.

but something important had come up practically forcing the parents to have to pick up and move to Seoul. apparently they weren't the only ones. all of his dad's old friends were moving back to Seoul as well.

but all that meant for yeosang was that he would be forced to socialize with their sons.

" im going to go check up on hwa." yeosang informed, receiving a nod in approval. he walked up the flight of stars stopping in front of the baby blue door decorated in toothless stickers and pirate themed ones.

he knocked twice knowing the door would be locked. " hey hyung its me can I come in?" his question was met with the sound of things being frantically moved around.

" no go away!" seonghwas muffled, cracking voice sounded through the other side of the door. yeosang sighed.

" c'mon let me in.  my room is all the way down the hall!" Yeo whined. eventually seonghwa sighed unlocking his door and letting the younger in. yeosang sighed once again seeing his brothers red swollen eyes and tear stained cheeks.

" nice hoodie but it's hot in the house." yeosang said referring to the baggy, baby blue, troye Sivan sweater seonghwa had on. seonghwa shrugged further wrapping his arms around his torso. " you know I get cold easily." he replied with a chuckled.

yeosang half nodded, being able to see through his brothers lies but decided to not push on the topic as he sat down on the corner of seonghwa's bed. laying his head on seonghwa's shoulder.

" do you remember when we where younger?" seonghwa asked. yeosang looked up at him. " vaguely" he replied. seonghwa nodded but continued either way. " well everyday we would go to the backyard of dad's friend's old house us and play pirate kings with all of their sons, there was eight of us I think but it was everyday."

" what's the point of you telling me this hyung?" yeosang asked with confusion and sincerity lacing his tone.

" I miss being oblivious to it, just in the backyard playing with wooden swords instead of getting your head slam into a locker just because you breathed." seonghwa's voice cracked towards the end of his sentence and yeosang could tell hwa was trying his hardest not to let anymore tears escape his eyes.

he quickly threw his arms around his older brothers shoulder, pulling the taller into a tight hug this was all he could do sometimes.