7- awkward silence

seonghwa sighed as he moved his head to the side. groaning in satisfaction when he finally felt it crack. it was currently the morning of jongho's birthday. the youngest of the group had decided he wanted to go out with just the eight of them.

of course taehyung was cautious of this being that he was only 16 but then allowed it as both as seonghwa was 17 and seemed responsible enough. so thats why seonghwa now finds himself in his mirror changing multiple times just to find an outfit that fits him the best. finally after an hour he had settled on a black turtle neck, black overalls that only had one strap and black combat boots.

he smiled feeling very satisfied with his outfit.

"emo much?" yeosang chuckled, sitting down on seonghwa's bed. the pink haired boy himself was dressed in a fitted black shirt, black pants with red writing, a black jean jacket, black combat boots and to top it off a black beret and a thigh chocker on his neck. the only thing colorful about his was his hair.

" like you're one to talk Yeo." seonghwa sassed back. all black was something both boys had picked up from jungkook. the only one in the house hold who wore bright colors was jimin and even that became rare at times.

"we have to go the others are here." seonghwa nodded, grabbing his phone and following behind yeosang. they made it down the stairs, yelling bye to their fathers before opening the door and being greeted by six smiling boys. the plan for the day was since it was October, the group would go to a halloween themed amusement park. with the first thing being a hunted house

it wasn't too far from the park house which was the main reason everyone agreed to meet at Yeo and hwa's house. on the way there the group agreed on who would go with who. the rule for the house was to in pairs. at first everyone had agreed to go by who your brother was but jongho felt it would be better to randomize it.

the agreed by playing rock, paper, scissors. the first pair had been yeosang and jongho. followed by yunho and mingi then san and wooyoung and finally the two eldest seonghwa and hongjoong. it wasn't like they minded but still.

by the time they had gotten there sadly, the line for the house  was far to long and they would've ended up spending majority of their time on that line. so instead they agreed that in their respective pairs, they would all go do what they want and in 2 hours meet back at the entrance.

-_-_-_-

awkward was more of the word to describe seonghwa and hongjoong together. it was like they were two children forced to work together by the teacher. if you were quiet enough you could hear the crows that filled the silence. each sentence started with a "soooo." and ended with one of them laughing awkwardly and looking away. 

hongjoong had slightly grown frustrated of the awkward silence that fell between them and noticed a rollercoaster. " hey, do you uhhh wanna go on that roller coster." he asked.

seonghwa looked up at the demon ride but agreed none the less, letting the younger drag him onto the line. still heavily suffocated by the silence. it was only until they were next did he realize hongjoong had dragged him into the front seat. he nervously chuckled and tapped hongjoong's shoulder receiving a hum in reply.

" I don't think is a good idea."

hongjoong's eyebrows furrowed as the ride came into the station.

" ah don't worry about it seonghwa it's only a ride." hongjoong waved him off as he watched the front row clear out.

" right..."

"right.."

there it was again that silence that even made the conductor look at them weirdly as hongjoong grabbed his hand and led him to the seat right beside him. hey at least he wasn't on the outside seat. the bars came down and the workers came around tightening them to guarantee they were safe.

internally seonghwa was panicking he was terrified of heights and thats exactly what this thing was, high. he hadn't realized he still had hongjoong's hand in his but the younger could sense his worry and let him keep his hold on it.  the ride had started and seonghwa let go of hongjoong's hand to tightly grip onto the safety bars beside his head. this was not how he wanted to die.

hongjoong kept glancing over before laughing loudly when seonghwa started yelling when the ride began going up. when it went straight down ( 90 degree drop) seonghwa quickly grabbed onto hongjoong's lap all while laughing  in panic. finally after a few loops and one more drop it had come to a finish. seonghwa was the first one out once the bars were lifted, hongjoong close on his tail.

" HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME GET ON THAT? HONGJOONG YOU ASS HAT I ALMOST DIE- why are you laughing ? stop laughing! " seonghwa shouted. by now hongjoong was doubled over in laughter, face bright red as he tried to catch his breath.

" your face was hilarious. your hair is messed up by the way." hongjoong straightened  his posture before going over and fixing the elders hair. he stepped back and then realized what he did. " oh, uh thanks." seonghwa said looking everywhere but hongjoong's face.

" oh, sure- I mean, no problem." hongjoong crossed his arms behind his back looking over at the food court.

" so um? food?"

"yeah..."

mingi and yunho had pretty much stayed in the arcade the entire time playing dance dance revolution. wooyoung and san had gone into a mirror house, then to the Ferris wheel and finally to the food court where they met up with seonghwa and hongjoong. yeosang and jongho had gone on multiple roller coasters, played bumper karts and then gone into an escape house. needless to say when the eight gathered back at the group was more than tired so they just agreed on sleeping over at seonghwa and yeosang's house AFTER  they all went on at least 3 more roller coasters together.

(okaaayyy hope you guys enjoyed these "calm" chapters because the angst Starts soon and unlike the last book, I want this one to be longer sooo hehh yes)