prologue- pirate kings

despite all the effort put up by the seven, a lot of things hadn't changed. things like the fear the held for these beings. mainly the older generations held the most fear, giving up their children once even the slightest sign of mutations had been presented. mutants presented at certain ages but there were still ways to tell from even birth if you knew what you were looking for.

  on top of this, a class and category system was developed for all mutants once you presented.  the classes were for knowing whether or not you had a sign when using your abilities. class A, were for those mutants who showed no sign what so ever like namjoon, taehyung and hoseok. class B for those whose hair changed colors like yoongi. class C for those whose eyes changed like jin, jimin and jungkook , along with either a,b or c a F would be placed if a mutant had a physical mutation and lastly along with a, b or c as well an M would be placed if they passed more than one.

the categories ranked how frequently a mutation was seen. rare , uncommon, which meant it was seen but not often , common meaning it was seen frequently and then HUM which basically meant you weren't a mutant.

eventually the group had decided it would be good to expand on their families. The couples ending up adopting children who were given up in fear of them being mutants. namjoon and jin had decided on adopting two boys. hongjoong, who was two when they adopted him and Mingi a year later.

hoseok and yoongi also adopted two boys after a long discussion. They ended up adoption two boys who happened to be paternal  brothers. adopting yunho and Wooyoung at 3 years old.

jungkook and jimin had originally decided on only adopting one child. seonghwa who they had adopted a few days after his birth but as time went on they had wanted another and ended up adopting yeosang when seonghwa was 3.

And lastly taehyung, who ended up marrying a sound mutant named youngjae, ended up adopting two full brothers named san and jongho. san being 2 when he was adopted and jongho being one.

The group of eight small children loudly ran around the back yard, plastic swords in hand as they fought with the imaginary enemy.

"captain, our ship has a hole in it!" a four year old jongho shouted to hongjoong as he jumped off of the large rock containing the others, grabbing a hand full of grass and "patching" up the hole. yeosang grabbed the small boys arms before pulling him back up on the rock.

"seonghwa be careful!" hongjoong shouted as he turned to face the eldest, grabbing his arm and preventing him from falling off of the rock.

hongjoong along with yeosang and yunho had already presented their abilities. hongjoong presented at 3 years ago, ranking as a class A mutant who was rare. he could see into the near future. yeosang presented last year, also ranking as a class A but an uncommon instead. after having an accident with him falling into the pool it was discovered  the young boy could breath underwater easily.

yunho who only presented a month ago at 5 was discovered to be able to manipulate earth he was ranked a class C and a common. his coffee brown eyes would turn to a bright shade of grey once he used his ability.

"WHAT ARE WE?" hongjoong shouted holding up his sword once the enemies had been defeated. the seven other boys followed their captains actions, holding up their swords before loudly shouting "PIRATE KINGS!". The parents all stood on the side of the house watching fondly as the small boys played around. yunho occasionally using his abilities as a way to "defeat" the enemies or hide from the others when they changed from pirates to hide and go seek.

eventually sun set had come and the parents had decided it would be best to take their children home. jimin smiled as he walked deeper into the backyard, the boys still oblivious to him until he called out their names.