5-cold nostalgia

in a few days, the family had unpacked everything and the house felt more like a home. in a few days the eight boys who had once been close as young children had grown somewhat closer. in a few days the six boys who had to pack and move everything had been enrolled into the same school hongjoong and Mingi attended. majority of seonghwa's neck had healed or died down into barley visibly marks.

at the same time, in a few days yeosang and seonghwa grew immensely home sick. wanting nothing more than to see bang chan and Felix in person rather than a through a phone screen. in a few days seonghwa truly Began to resent his mind, he felt like a foreigner in his own body and he didn't like it.

in a few days word about who the group of eight where the kids of got around. and soon seonghwa found out just how many mutants actually lived in Seoul and he felt out of place once again. only good thing was no Lucas he supposed.

" mr.park since you seem to be paying so much attention answer the question on the bored." the teacher chuckled sarcastically. seonghwa rolled his eyes not even glancing upwards before answering the question, voice dripping with sass as he did so.

" it's an easy question sir, try again." seonghwa smiled once he heard the soft chuckles of the class. he didn't fail to notice the flustered expression of the teacher.

" wow thats the first time someone has ever talked to Lim like that." seonghwa looked over noticing hongjoong beside him. had he been there that whole time? what time was it?

" oh, uh, thanks?" seonghwa awkwardly smiled back at hongjoong before turning back to his desk. " nice tattoo." this time seonghwa looked down, seeing his right arm lightly exposed and the tip of his tattoo showing. He pulled down his sleeve but smiled and thanked the younger none the less. for the rest of class he sat there, occasionally talking to hongjoong before getting scolded by mr.Lim. he could sense the teacher didn't really like him much. he didn't care though it wasn't his job to like him.

once the bell had rung, seonghwa awkwardly stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder and walked to the door.Before he had the chance to reach it a voice loudly called his name. he turned around seeing hongjoong smiling and quickly walking towards him.

" yes?" seonghwa questioned, his nerves suddenly though the roof.

" I wanted to know if, uh, you and yeosang wanted to, uh, come over after school. I had already asked the others and they agreed." seonghwa noticed how hongjoong kept his focus towards the ground almost as if he was was nervous for the response. seonghwa nodded and softly smiled.

" sure ill ask sangie and see if he wants to come. see you later hongjoong."

before hongjoong had a chance to look up, seonghwa had already darted out of the classroom and into the crowded hall. the sliver haired boy smiled to himself before he also decided to walk out of the class into the crowded hall.

-_-_-_-

" so, how Seoul?" Felix's voice rang out through the speakers of seonghwa's laptop as he and yeosang sat in his plain white bedroom. After school had ended both boys quickly headed back towards their home and upstairs into the elders room to face time their best friends.

" it's something thats what is is." yeosang chuckled, laughs from the remaining boys followed soon after.

" we can't stay on long though lix, were going over hongjoong's house soon."

an exasperated sigh left Felix's mouth as he put his free hand over his chest.

" wow you've been gone a week and you guys managed to replace us. I'm hurt." the two brothers laughed at over the dramatic best friend. it only made them miss being there in person so much more. " oh calm down Felix you know you and chan are our one and only. but we have to go now, tell chan we said hi and he's an idiot for getting grounded. bye lix." seonghwa said. him and yeosang eagerly waved to the screen, which Felix returned before hanging up the face time.

after the face time had ended, both boys felt a small weight on their chest but decided to ignore it. they grabbed their phones before walking out of the door. the Kim residence wasn't exactly walking distance so they had their fathers agree to drive them there.

the drive had been a quite one. jimin and jungkook were excited that the boys were all getting along like when they were kids but all yeosang and seonghwa wanted was for this to be over. its not like they didn't like the other boys but it was more so that they didn't know them. for years it had just been them and their two best friends and then suddenly it was 6 boys they had known as children.

" are you guys enjoying your new school?"

both boys looked up the see jimin smiling back at them. they sighed. " yeah dad its been fine." yeosang said. " I know its hard to get used to, but I promise it'll get better." jungkook assured while keeping his eyes on the road. neither boy answered. instead they just slouched in their seats waiting until they saw the big red brick house.

after another fifteen minuets of silence, they boys had been dropped off in front of the house. seonghwa was the first to knock. he stepped back slightly when he heard the lock being undone and was soon met with a man who most definitely looked younger than what his age was. seonghwa remembered him as jin, the eldest of the fathers.

jin smiled at the two boys before loudly calling down his sons and letting them into the house.

" I can't believe how big you boys have gotten." jin cooed as he pinched either boys cheeks.

" yeah." yeosang said smiling awkwardly as he waited for the two boys to come down the stairs. much to his dismay they were taking longer than needed. " so how have you been? are you Boys managing your abilities well?" seonghwa furrowed his eyebrows at the question. had jimin not told the others that it was a lie? had he lied to him when he said he wasn't embarrassed?

yeosang noticed his brothers distress and smiled. " we've been good, homesick is all." jin nodded with a small pout. " it'll get easier, I know its hard to just drop everything and leave but it'll get better." he reassured.

" KIM HONGJOONG! KIM MINGI IF YOU DONT GET YOUR BEHINDS DOWN HERE IM NOT COOKING DINNER TONIGHT." jin shouted as if one cue said boys ran down the stairs practically wrestling to be the first once in their fathers presence. " sorry Appa, we were seeing who was the faster rapper." mingi cheekily smiled while discreetly pointing to himself.

jin sighed those two were so much like namjoon at this age it scared him. " yea, yea, yeah the other boys will be here soon and Yeo and hwa are here now." jin gestured towards to the two boys standing awkwardly in his kitchen. seonghwa looked up, his seemingly pained smiled etched across his features.

" hello."

_-_-_-_

it didn't take long for the others to arrive. Wooyoung and yunho had arrived twenty minuets or so after yeosang and seonghwa. having  jin greet them nicely. when jongho and san had arrived, almost instantly you could see the playful glint in their eyes as they tightly embraced their uncle only to get popped with his spatula.

" okay we'll be in the backyard Appa." hongjoong loudly shouted, escorting the others to the yard. all at once a sudden wave of nostalgia washed over seonghwa as his memory vividly replayed the eight of them jumping and yelling with wooden swords.

they had now outgrown the rock they used to call their pirate ship. the tree that stood proudly in the corner now larger as its leaves had started to crumble. right, it was now early October. it had been elven years and they were no longer kids.

he along with hongjoong, who was turning 17 in a month we're now juniors in high school. Wooyoung would be 16 in a month, joining right in with the others. and jongho who was now a freshman would be turning 15 in a matter of days. they weren't little kids anymore.

seonghwa's thoughts had been interpreted when the sound of someone snapping their fingers in his face and calling his name invaded his ears.

" seeeoooonghwwaaa?" hongjoong called out. seonghwa shook his head clearing his thoughts before looking at all of the others.

" sorry I zoned out. what was it that you were saying?"

yeosang sighed looking up at his brother but stayed quiet.

" I asked if you guys wanted to watch a movie in my room, its kinda chilly."

seonghwa nodded, "yeah, that... would be nice."