Chapter 4

The three dudes stood in our way, smirking. "You'd probably want to run away, anyhow. We're known as the infamous Midnight Katana guild, and we're known to be one of the most destructive guilds," one of them said.

"Hell no! We're gonna whoop those sorry asses of yours!" Natsu yelled.

"Tch. Like we'd get beaten by such a sorry excuse for a mage. The only people who could possibly rival us would be the wizard saints combined! Besides, we're not here to chat. Either you let us search for the Black Swordsman, or we'll smash you into pulps," another one said.

"Kirito. Take Yue and run," Erza said under her breath. I nodded, carrying Yue while spreading my wings.

"Erza-san! Go squish their butts!" Yue cheered. Erza chuckled as I flew further into the distance.

I knew why she wanted me to run. To the dark mages, it seemed like I was taking away a helpless girl. But really, I knew she couldn't risk if I was the Black Swordsman. I knew it could be me, or maybe it wasn't. But it was better to be safe then sorry.
_______________________________________________
-Time Skip-
I sighed. What was taking them so long? The Erza I know wouldn't take this long...right? And that Natsu seemed pretty strong too...

I was about to go check on them, but I felt something grasp my hand. I turned to see Yue. "Daddy, don't," she warned.

I was about to protest, but I listened to Yue. I felt so helpless and useless. Were was I when I was supposed to help my friends, my guild? I heard a large explosion, and Yue squeezed my hand tightly.

Almost too suddenly, the bushes rustled. One of the Midnight Katana members walked towards me. "I know your little secret. That's why your pathetic friends stood no chance. That scarlet haired woman surrendered easily. But they were stupid. Why would we give up the chase for the Black Swordsman when we could earn a large reward from the Dragon King himself, Acnologia?" He said.

Acnologia. That name sent shivers down my back. "Now come with me, Black Swordsman, or we'll show no mercy to your friends," he beckoned me.

"Like I'll fulfill your dumb reward!" I scoffed. The Midnight Katana member's gaze turned cold.

"You will regret your decision."

He lunged at me, shooting energy-like bullets at me. 'Bullet Magic?' I wondered. I dodged easily, pulling out Elucidator and Dark Repulser. I slashed at his chest, and he howled as a large cut appeared, blood oozing out. I flickered as I used Thought Projection, creating two of me. Now that I think about it...could I do >Quadruple Wielding<? It was worth a try...

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt something press into my shoulder. My Thought Projection vanished as I lost my concentration. My eyes widened as I saw the dark mage's outstretched "gun" buried into it. Dam! Curse my distraction...

I winced as the bullets sank into my shoulder. Blood dripped onto the ground as I began to feel numb. Then, the mage grabbed my head and threw me towards the trunk of a tree.

"NO! Daddy!" Yue screamed. "Lunar Dragon's Roar!" She puffed up her cheeks and a glistening blast of moonlit energy rushed at the mage. He cursed and tried to dodge. The attack caught his arm, and he grunted in pain.

I don't know why, but I couldn't get up. I could only watch Yue pummel the enemy. It's like...my will was broken. What was I doing? Why was I here?

What am I fighting for?

That question boomed in my head. Did I even know a way to leave this place? What if...I was stuck here forever? I'm not strong, I'm weak...I'm just a regular person outside of the virtual gaming world, I...I'm just one person.

No, you are strong, a voice whispered in my head. You have the power to save this place, because you are worthy and courageous. Rise, fallen one.

I felt this burst of energy within my entire body. I slowly got up, feeling no pain whatsoever.

Rise...my son...
_______________________________________________
Hahaha I know this is a really bad chapter ^^ I was kind of like, "I wanna finish this!" Then two seconds later, "Meh..."

The voice in this chapter is different from the one 2 chapters back. Just so ya know :)

Ja ne minna,
~Alys-chan