Chapter 16

Camila/You - Saving You - Chapter 16

A/N: I don't particularly like that chapter or the way I wrote it but still I hope you'll like it!!

Enjoy

Your point of view.

Frozen. Broken. In a daze. That's what I was as I fell to my knees in front of Mel. The rest of the world seem to have completely disappeared as my eyes were on my sister's or at least what was left of her. She looked just like in my nightmare from the other day. I could see she was coming closer to me and I knew I had to move otherwise she would do to me what she had done to Tanya but I just couldn't. There was nothing I could do but let myself feel the guilt and the pain as she got closer and closer to me. I felt even more guilty when I realized that I had been so caught up in my relationship with Camila that I had forgotten about her, I had given up on her. I didn't go to her tomb anymore. It's like Camila's presence in my life made me forget about my sister and there was nothing I could do about that except hate it.
"Y/N! Move!" I heard a voice from behind me only to see Camila, Stefan and Lauren looking at me with worry. Stefan took his gun and aimed in the direction of Mel and that got me out of my daze.
"NO!" I yelled as I got up and posted myself in front of her. They all frowned at my sudden reaction.
"Are you out of your mind ?! Move!" Stefan yelled again.
"I won't let you hurt her." I said through gritted teeth.
"It's a walker!"
"She is my sister!" I exclaimed and at that second all their eyes widened as realization hit them and tears filled my eyes. "She is my sister..." I whispered in a sad tone.
"Y/N..." Lauren started but I cut her off.
"Don't. I don't wanna hear it." I said knowing exactly what she was going to say. Quickly I took a spear and attached a rope at the end of it in a circle. I walked to Mel who was still busy with Tanya's body and in a swift move i captured her head in the rope. The spear would help me to take her away from here and to keep at a long distance from me. I didn't say a word and started walking to the outside of the city.
"Wait!" I heard Camila's voice call making me stop. "Where are you going?"
"I'm taking her far from here." I answered.
"How long is it going to take you to come back?" She asked.
"Camila.." I started as I turned to look at her. "I'm sorry." Was all I said before walking out with Mel not stoping when I heard Camila call for my name.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

I knew exactly where I was going to take Mel. The same place where I had come to talk to her this last month. I had spotted a little structure that could be considered a mausoleum so that's where I was going to take her. I was going to lock her up in there so that I was sure she wouldn't hurt anyone else and no one would hurt her. As we walked I kept glancing at her over and over remembering how she had gotten here, how I was the one who hadn't been able to protect her like I had said I was going to. But then I remembered that that promise wasn't the only one I had broken. I had promised her that she would forever be in my mind and not a day would pass when I didn't think about her. I had broken this promise as I let Camila in my life and to be honest now I regretted it. I regretted letting her convince me that I deserved to be happy when my sister was in that state because of me. I stopped in front of the mausoleum and directed Mel, or at least what was left of her, inside and immediately closed the door after. That's finally when I broke down punching the door violently to express my sadness and my rage.
"I'm so sorry Mel. For Christ's sake why did you have to come back!? Why did you have to make me hate myself again?! Why did you have to make me realize that I don't have the right to have a happy life with Camila?" I yelled angrily until my anger turned to sadness and I bursted into sobs instantly as I slid down the door. "I'm forever linked to you am I not?" I asked. "So is my happiness.." I whispered before getting up slowly and picking a rock on the floor as I began engraving word on the door.
Dead inside! Do not come in!
Here lays Melissa Grace Y/LN, beloved daughter and wonderful sister.
Feb, 13th 2007 - September, 9th 2014
I love you sister...