Chapter Twenty-Two

POV: Dani

I try not to alert Jorden that I am still awake when I feel him slide into bed beside me. He'd feel bad for keeping me up or waking me up, and I don't want that right now. He missed Faolan rolling over on his own for the first time today, and I must be just overly hormonal but for some reason I am very pissed at him for it.

"Dani, what's wrong? I can see you crying through your closed lids." He calls while gently running his hand down my cheek, wiping my tears away. Damn it. I clench my eyes shut tighter, despite knowing that I have been discovered. Jorden just sighs before pulling me closer to him. I feel his body shift and I open my eyes to see him hovering over me. His forearms rest on either side of my face and his blue eyes are staring intently into my green orbs.

"What's wrong Dani?" He repeats now that he knows he has captured my attention. I look away from his questioning eyes and lock my gaze onto the grey wall on the other side of the room. Jorden leans down to lightly brush his lips against mine. "Dani baby, please tell me what is bothering you."

"Where were you?" I question him, refusing to look at his eyes. Jorden tenses before rolling over so he is not hovering over me. We lay in silence for a few moments before I decide to break it.

"Faolan rolled over for the first time by himself." Jorden inhales a sharp intake of breath before sitting up on the edge of the bed so his legs touch the floor and his elbows rest on his knees, his head buried his hands. I prop myself up on my elbow and watch as he runs his hand through his hair roughly.

"I'm sorry; I am so fucking sorry Dani. I wasn't here for a monumental moment in our son's life and I am so sorry. You have every right to be upset with me." I sigh and grab his arm, pulling him back into bed with me. It is then that I notice the steady trail of tears that are falling down his face. "Oh Jorden," I sigh. Pulling his head towards my bosom as I begin to gently run my hands through his hair in a soothing manor.

"I told myself Dani that I would be a good Father. I told myself that it is what I owe to Cole; to be the Father he couldn't be to his son. Cole wanted nothing more in life than to have a loving mate and a large family. I've failed him." My heart freezes as I hear him speak the self-degrading words.

"Jorden-" I begin only to be cut off. "No Dani!" He angrily pulls away from me and wipes his tears. "Cole's father was a monster and my dad might have cared but he was never there. We promised ourselves that when we had kids we would be the dads our fathers never were. Look at me now, one abortion and not present for the other!"

He shakes as he begins to become hysteric. Gently, I grab his face and turn his head so he is looking at me. "Jorden Rockford Richards you listen to me; you are not a failure of a father. You were there throughout the entirety of my pregnancy. You never missed a Doctor's appointment and you never failed to make sure I was comfortable and content. Hell, you were even there to soothe me throughout my first pregnancy and the miscarriage and we all damn well know the pain you were going through then." I grab his crippled hand and pull it to my chest to emphasize my point.

"You are an amazing father Jorden and Cole would be honored to have you raising Faolan; I am honored and forever thankful that you decided to be the Father of our child." Another set of tears wash down Jorden's face, but he just pulls me close and places a kiss to my lips. "I love you Dani." He whispers while burrowing his face in my neck. "I love you too." I whisper while playing with the hair on the nape of his neck. "Can I wake up with him tomorrow morning?" I just nod and snuggle down into the bed, feeling my eyes close.

*****

"Yes baby boy you're doing it!" I hear Jorden shout from the living room. My eyes open and I smile when I realize what is happening. Slipping on my sweatshirt, I put my hair up into a bun before leaving the bedroom and making my way to the living room to join my boys. 

Jorden is cheering for Faolan who is sprawled out on his play mat rolling over. "Daddy is so proud of you Faolan." Jorden smiles before picking him up and kissing his cheeks which makes the baby giggle. I step up to Jorden's side to take the baby as a pack member begins to ascend the stairs to our floor.

"Alpha, Luna, you uh have a visitor." I turn to look at Jorden with a puzzled expression only to be even more surprised when I see the same look of bewilderment on his face. Jorden hands the baby to me before addressing the pack member. "Thank you Sebastian, bring them up to the office, we will be waiting for them." The pack member, or Sebastian nods at us before heading back down the stairs. Jorden kisses my forehead before taking Faolan out of my hands, "Go get dressed Dani then join us in the office." I quickly peck his lips before following his instructions.

I slip in the office a few moments later only to be greeted by Jorden who is sitting in the office's rolling chair with Faolan on his lap and Mr. Tall Dark and Handsome standing by the bookcase.

"Dani this is Emilio Kincade Santos, he claims to be a friend of Cole's." Jorden states with a grim expression. I smile at the man before holding out my hand, he grabs it in his own before pressing a light kiss to my knuckles. "I apologize for the late arrival I came as soon as I heard the news." His eyes seem genuine causing me to continue the conversation. 

"Where are you from?" I question picking up on the slightest bit of an accent. "Brazil." He confirms. I take a moment to glance over at Jorden who is staring at Emilio with a frown. "You two have never met." I conclude. Emilio shakes his head, "Cole and I, were acquainted in more of secret manor." Jorden's frown only deepens. "We had no secrets me and him." Jorden claims. Emilio sighs but doesn't push the issue further.

"Portuguese!" I suddenly shout out. Jorden turns to look at me, "What?" "Cole, back when we were in France Jorden. I asked him how many languages he spoke and he responded with a large number but that's beside the point. He said he spoke Portuguese because he had a friend from Brazil." Jorden rubs his forehead, most likely feeling betrayed, but doesn't question it, he just kisses the baby. Emilio lets loose a laugh that shocks all of us.

"That fucker never told me he spoke Portuguese; he probably learned so he could understand what I was saying all those times I cussed him out." I let loose a full belly laugh because that was such a Cole thing to do. "How did you two know each other?" Jorden finally asks.

Emilio sobers up before answering; "You should sit down Luna, this is a hard story to hear, especially for you Alpha."

Question of the day: How do you think Emilio knew Cole?

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT