War of Mechanics [Arc 8.5]

Start from the beginning

“Then just pull the other countries and let them go against Wilkesa together with us, and then give them some benefits after we succeed!” Avery said. “Right now Wilkesa has already started mining precious metals, and even occupied the entire Jinming star cluster. Wouldn’t the other countries be envious? Wouldn’t they want a part? As long as there are benefits, there must be other people willing to support us!”

“This matter isn’t as simple as you think. We can go pull the other countries, and Wilkesa can do the same. And they have already mined the precious metals and can directly give the other countries benefits, but what we can give them, is only the promise of a possibility. Anyone with a brain would choose to support them.” John continued to help analyze the situation to him.

“You’re always this overcautious, not moving, how would you be able to do anything?” Avery scolded John. “I don’t understand all this mess between countries, but I used the things I do understand, and helped you create the strongest mechas in the universe, and gave you the leading mechanical level in all the countries. It’s already like this and you are still scared of that person named Denanfry, then that is just you finding excuses for your incompetence!”

“Avery!” John looked in disbelief at his little brother who he spoiled and pampered. “How can you speak to your brother like this?!”

“Is it not true?! If you aren’t incompetent, go seize back the Jinming star cluster!” After Avery finished speaking, he rushed out in fury, completely disregarding John’s ugly expression.

John flopped down onto the sofa, one hand on his forehead and one holding his chest. He had a headache over the current situation, and heartache from Avery’s tone. He really didn’t think that the little brother he spoiled and loved would be like this. Not helping him solve the problem or working together with him to think of feasible countermeasures was fine, but he actually spoke such hurtful words, it really was too chilling.

Tony came back home and had just pushed open the bedroom door when he was met with a vase flying straight at his face. This was already not the first time, so even if he was unprepared, seeing the vase fly over, he quickly dodged. It was just that his speed wasn’t as fast as the vase, so he was still hit on the shoulder, making him suffer from so much pain he thought his arm was going to break.

“Where did you go?!” Avery questioned him furiously. “Why did you only get back at this time today?!”

Avery had already been very angry because of that precious metals matter. He had gone back to Tony’s house yet found that he had not returned on time, and became even angrier, almost losing his mind.

Tony rubbed his shoulder, saying with a wooden expression, “Today the meeting went longer…”

“Meeting?!” Avery glared at him. “You think I don’t know? Your meeting was only for an hour, but you returned over two hours late. Speak! Besides the travel time, what did you do for the other hour?!”

“Don’t I have any personal freedom now?! I went to meet up with some friends, is that not allowed?!” Tony finally couldn’t stand it anymore, yelling, “We are only engaged, why are you managing me to death! Even sending people to watch me! Every day you interrogate me like a prisoner, how would I dare to marry you?!”

“You dare not to marry me?!” Avery’s face, which originally would have been considered relatively good-looking, twisted into an ugly expression. “Don’t forget, your father being able to become the left minister, and you being able to become the deputy financial minister at this age, was all because of me and my big brother! If you dare to not marry me, I will let your entire family have the same end as Skien’s family. If you don’t believe me, just try!”