Supermodel Competition [Arc 7.5]

Start from the beginning

“…Yes, it was me.” Andrew didn’t have the guts to lie to the camera. He was afraid that if his lies were seen through, he would become the public enemy of the netizens.

“But why would that photograph of you on the street be said to be Arthur Yang? Can I ask you to clarify this situation?”

“I, I also don’t know ah.” Andrew denied in a somewhat panicked manner. “I really am not clear about what was going on. It’s just that one day someone came to find me and said that as long as I took a picture on the street and then went on the news, they could give me some money. They said that it was just some normal news, and I was just a passerby, so it wouldn’t have a big impact on me, so I just agreed. I also didn’t think that they would take my picture and say that it was Arthur Yang. I also don’t know what in the end was going on!”

“You mean that someone found you and gave you money to take a picture?” The reporter asked.

“Yes, yes, but I really didn’t know that they would use it to pretend that I was Arthur Yang. I am entirely different from him, I also don’t know why they would do this.” Andrew was anxious to clear himself of fault, and suddenly thought of something. “That’s right! Later they called me again and said that as long as I didn’t do anything, they would give me another sum of money. I have the recording and they also left a number, I can find it for you.”

Andrew found the recording and played it. Indeed, as he said, someone did ask him to not do anything and not say anything, and then they would give him some more money.

The reporter then let the photographer shoot Andrew from several different angles. He was exactly the same as the person who had been photographed on the street before, but compared with the current Arthur Yang, only the contours of their profile were slightly similar, and their skin, body, and features were completely different.

The camera then cut back to the live set, where the host asked several news commentators to express their views on the matter.

The commentators all agreed that this was very likely deliberately orchestrated by another model, while another media outlet reported fake news without trying to find out the truth. It may also be possible that they did know the truth of the matter but deliberately created fake news. Such acts should not only be condemned but should also be held accountable. News fraud was a fraud against all of mankind.

Immediately after the news broadcast ended, it caused mass outrage on the internet. Media fraud is quite a serious matter. Once it is found that there is media fraud, anyone can go report that media outlet, and that company could simply collapse.

Right now this media company was already in a desperate mess, they also didn’t know that this story was fake. They just published it without confirmation because the company’s top leadership had directly let them publish it, so they did.

This media company’s top leader was together with Dilumo. Whenever he finished being comfortable with Dilumo in bed, after a bit of pillow talk, he would do whatever he was asked, and completely did not expect to cause such consequences. Even if now he was filled with regret, it still did not extinguish the anger of the people. The main reason the public was angry was not because Arthur Yang was framed, but because of the media fraud itself.

Now the netizens finally understood the meaning of Jing Yang’s sentence “I am myself, and the fake me will never become the real me”, and also understood the true meaning of no overnight perfection. Because the person who was photographed before wasn’t him at all, so there was simply no situation of shaping a perfect body in a month.