Supermodel Competition [Arc 7.1]

Start from the beginning

Arthur had a very good friend since he was young called Conley. Conley had originally also prepared to enter the modeling profession, but had given up because he felt that the training was too hard. He later went to a modeling agency and became an ordinary broker.

After Arthur graduated from school, Conley came to him and told him that he wanted to set up a studio, and hoped that Arthur would become his first model.

At school, Arthur already had a certain popularity. Of those extremely outstanding students, he could also be considered a more prominent presence, so he had many very good companies to choose from. But he and Conley were childhood friends, and the relationship between the two people had been ambiguous for many years, but had never been punctured.

Arthur was caught up in entanglement and hesitation. On the one hand, he was eager to help Conley, but a studio with only the two of them and no resources or funds wanting to succeed, the hope was really too slim. If he entered a big famous company, Arthur’s path to modeling would be a lot smoother, and his chances of becoming a top model would be high, because he was good enough.

In order to persuade him, Conley finally broke through the two people’s many years of ambiguous relationship and confessed to him. And he said that with the two people working together, even though the process would be very difficult, but after success, the victory would be even sweeter.

Even though Arthur had good feelings for Conley, he actually had haphephobia. Only when he was practicing or at work, and his professionalism could make him forget himself, his thinking would reach another realm, and he could come into natural contact with other people. But in private, anyone touching him would make him feel uncomfortable, including Conley. That’s why they had never been properly together after so many years of ambiguous behavior.

Conley knew that he had this phobia. He said that they could overcome this difficulty together, and when the two people worked hard together they could deepen their feelings. When their feelings were deeper, he might not resist his touch anymore.

After some consideration, Arthur agreed to Conley’s request. He felt that if he could not even accept Conley, who he had grown up with, in the end, he might not be able to touch anyone in his life. So he wanted to give it a try.

That period of time was truly really hard. It took money to build a studio, and the propaganda and packaging took even more. Arthur had three houses, one left by his grandfather, one left by his parents, and one that his parents had prepared for him.

He took all three homes to mortgage. The high interest rates almost forced him breathless, so no matter how low the price was, as long as he had work he would pick it up. Sometimes he simply could not earn any money, but he would take jobs that would make him lose money, just to expand his network and build his popularity.

Every time he earned a tiny bit of money, he would first take it to pay off the loans, and then the rest of the money would be used for living expenses. On several occasions, because he was too exhausted, he would faint once he finished his work.

Arthur was enduring all the suffering and bitterness, then what was Conley doing? He was also doing his best to help Arthur promote, and trying to help him get a better job, so that they could achieve their goals, but he had no power. The only jobs that he could help Arthur get were ones that wouldn’t earn any money or build any popularity.

Arthur later being able to achieve such a good result was because he had an insurmountable determination, and coupled with his strength and his luck being good enough, he finally became known.