Prince of Piano [Arc 4.12]

Start from the beginning

“You want me to give you another chance?” Jing Yang glanced at the door and turned his eyes away. “That’s also not impossible, if you agree to send Corrica away immediately, I can actually consider it.”

Corrica, who was standing at the door eavesdropping, immediately became anxious. He felt a sudden need to escape, because he was already no longer as confident as before that Faith would definitely not agree. But he ultimately still stayed behind, because he wanted to personally hear how Faith would respond. He still held a glimmer of hope for Faith.

Faith closed his eyes and thought hard for a while. After he opened his eyes, it seemed as if he had made a very large decision, putting the engagement contract in front of Jing Yang. “As long as you are willing to sign this, I will immediately go let my father send Corrica away.”

Standing outside the door, Corrica seemed to have been struck by lightning, his body shook from the huge shock he had suffered, accidentally pushing the door open.

Faith turned to look at the door. “Corrica…” He wanted to explain to Corrica, but he didn’t know how to explain, and in Avi’s presence, he also couldn’t explain anything.

Corrica sadly looked at him, and then left in a daze. In the past, in order to get his sympathy, he would often fake his sadness, but this time, he really felt this sorrow from the bottom of his heart.

Faith did not chase after him. He said to Jing Yang, “I have already promised you, so you can sign this marriage contract.”

“People like you are really selfish and ruthless.” Jing Yang sarcastically said. “If you had insisted on not sending Corrica away, I might not have looked down on you so much like now. Such a merciless person like you, how could I sign an engagement contract with you.”

“Are you playing with me?” Faith stared at him.

Jing Yang picked up the engagement contract and flipped through it, reading a certain item. “If after Avi Deere turns 19 he does not marry Faith, he will voluntarily waive all the property kept with the Mooney family.”

Jing Yang threw the engagement contract at Faith’s feet. “This should be your family’s main purpose ba? I indeed grew up in your home, but I never used a single penny of your family. My grandfather gave my custody to your family with the hope that I could feel the warmth of home in your family. But did you achieve it? How your family treated me, you all could not be clearer about it. These things are also fine, whether you all are warm or not, if it’s not truly from your heart then there is no meaning. According to the agreement, my family would pay you another sum for taking care of me, but you are too greedy, you want all of my family’s property, do you think that this is possible? Just because I grew up in your family, all of the wealth accumulated by generations of my family should all become yours?”

The aspect that Jing Yang hated the most about this family, besides their hypocritical mouths and faces, was their greedy and domineering character. Their family had already made use of the Deere family’s assets for so long, just calculating the interest would already have been a large sum of money. But if the Mooney father and son had had the least bit of ability, they would not become bankrupt without the Deere family’s property, but they never thought about relying on their own ability to change their predicament, only thinking about relying on the Deere family to help them survive. Plus they even took for granted that the Deere family’s property would be their property, and felt that Avi would not be able to leave their family no matter what, and not be able to leave Faith. So whether or not they treated him well didn’t matter.