Chapter 23

The shrill shriek could be heard from everywhere and that frightened me more than I was expecting. Over the past few days when I had slept I would be awaken by screaming or a fight of some sorts. I may have slept through it if it was not for how quiet the scream was when everyone was near me.

Quinn? Approaching the entrance to the tree house in case someone had decided to come and poke by. He had popped his head around the door and looked at the green and brown below us before shaking his head and pacing around wondering what had happened. He turned around to glitchy and asked, "Reckon anyone is hurt?" His eyes flickering green along with the palm of hand before he heads off to look for Frisk.

Glitchy? She was sitting up panting heavily trying desperately to bring herself together and calm down before she did anything else. Her breathing was still work in progress but she was doing it. She looked up before shaking her head. She was okay. Instead she asked her own question, "Who screamed?" I meet her with a shake of my head seeing I did not scream but I still pity well in my heart when I see smile at me, glad that I was not subject to any sort of terror.

Frisk? White was still in the same seat and had not moved since I told her about Q's death. She did not even flinch when the yell echoed around and only looked up when Quinn placed a hand on her shoulder to ask if she was the person who realised the phantom noise. He did not even get a nod of his head and I decide to take things into my own hands and I approach her. Frisk looks up at me and waves but her expression doesn't change from the frown when she does. I sit on the floor by her and do nothing. I fail to find a way to comfort her in this state.

We stay like that for a while before Quinn decides to take glitchy out with him for a walk. Neither Frisk or I move until my phone pings from a message I have received

Quinn:
Olie you did say that Astoria was due to become a beast of some sorts and that she... tore Quantum up?

IKoliEA

Yes, that sounds right. Thank the heavens for photographic memory (even if my memory is terrible with it) Why?

Quinn:

Glitchy found said person punching a tree screaming. We are up a tree since everyones followed her.

My breath hitches and I stand up not bothering with Frisk and jump out of the tree. I do not care when I hear my knees fizzle and pop. I run along the floor dancing other any rocks or sharp twigs to stop wearing my feet out but I still feel them bleed and hurt. I grit my teeth. My legs start to push through the forest until I see everyone in the distance. I swing behind a tree before I think of a plan. Would they believe the truth? The thoughts fly in and out. I make my decision. I leap off the ground and onto Irene who was approaching Astoria and screech, "Do not go near her!"

They all gawk at me including Ast who bites her lip and looks away from us I notice the clouded look in her eyes vanish but we do not know when they will return back to the demon raging inside her. We do not know if we could bring her put again.

I am tempted to stab her with the weapon. With no explanation I would be charged with murder however. I sigh and get off Irene.

"Quinn, Glitchy you can come down now, it is safe!" I call and watch the two get down the tree in different ways –Glitchy climbs down while Quinn hops down. They stare agape when three of the four missing people arrive on the scene.

"Frisk is back at the base, she is not taken Q's death well."

Kai, at the reminder of the fresh wound, growls and digs his feet into the mud muttering about how he wants to kill whoever set hands on him. Astoria looks away at the reminder, her eyes starting to cloud over again. I draw out my bow when I notice and approach the back of the crowd. My stance is nervous and agitated. When my weapon is noticed, people also draw out their own. Irene pulls out some heat from the sun and allowing it to expand in her hand becoming a flickering purple flame. Kai has his own sword drawn, we are all standing in front of Astoria prepared for a battle.