Chapter 9

X was hiding under the table I had made while Astoria was furiously running around trying to find him. I stared at the two when they began to drag the other to them. Astoria won as she grabbed X from where he was hidden and screeched out, "VICTORY!"

Frisk turns around at the cheerful screech and laughs. She looks at me and notices the goofy smile I know is on my face and nudges me.

"I have teasing material now!" she says causing me to swing around and stare at her and frantically search for her blackmail picture. When i feel papery feeling brush against my fingertip I grasp at it and hold the photo of her when we got ice-cream together. She has her mouth dangling open and wide puppies' eyes while her hand is reaching for the spoon. I wave it in front of her face and snicker.

"Sure, but I'll post this on the internet!"

"What's the internet?" Frisk asked sincerely causing me to shriek and gasp at the same time.

I splutter out the words, "You do not know what the internet.. the world wide web.. is?"

She shakes her head in a negative, "No.." she whispers out accepting that I was going to give her the death sentence. I whip out my semi-old phone and load up the internet completely forgetting that we live in the middle of a forest now and service might as well be non-existant.

I screech like a tyrannosaurus when I receive the screen 'WiFi or data network is not working' when my data is on before I spot the deathly words of 'no service' on my bar. In that moment I die inside. Frisk looks at me confused.

"What is happening?" she asks me softly, noticing how my features are tense and my eyebrows have burrowed into themselves in case my out roar earlier had no given away my bad mood.

"I have no service and the closest place with the god damn stuff is the valley." At that moment Frisk frowns and gives an audible sound of relief.

I plonk down to the floor and cross my arms against my chest in hope it would give off an aura that screamed for everyone to get away from me. It both worked and failed.

Frisk had scampered away to go hug Q in the most adorable way known to mankind while I stood there doing nothing but glaring at the floor. Each crack seemed to crack more as I glared at it. I did not make a move until a scorching pain shot through the place my SOUL was. I bit back my scream but I still crippled to the floor. A groan escapes me and I place my hand over my SOUL already knowing why and how the culmination of my being has been destroyed but I keep my mouth shut and close my eyes in an attempt to ward off the agony that has settled by my heart.

Everyone has crowded around me but I try and shoo them all off but the pestering worries and the flickers of colour from where everyone tries to heal what can't be fixed makes me dizzy. It takes a few moments until either my weak hand gestures or whoever just screamed something scares the majority left allowing me to finally make out Kai, Irene and Astoria.

"Ast... leave..." I wheeze out despite the fact the pain has numbed and it does not pain me to speak. She looks hurt that I want the others around but considering our activities consist of screaming she leaves.

Once she is out of hearing range, I sit up straight and dart around.

"Guys, Ria's death is bringing back the soul injury..." I state slowly looking down at the floor not wanting to meet their gaze. Irene's hand finds mine before she mutters,

"It's hurting us all. We should get her resurrected first though!" Her skin is smooth and comforting but her words cause mine to widen and Kai goes silent, neither of us really know what to do in this situation.